HAIR DYE AND PREGNANCY

Discussion in 'Forum Friends' started by SCARED MUM TO BE, Sep 8, 2005.

1. SCARED MUM TO BE

SCARED MUM TO BE Well-Known Member

HEY GIRLIES WAS JUST WONDERING IF YOU CAN DYE YOUR HAIR DURING PREGNANCY? IS IT SAFE ENOUGH AS EVEN THOUGH I AM ONLY 22 I AM GOING GREY AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

SO MUCH STRESS HA HA

AND IF IT IS SAFE WHICH IS BEST HAIR DRESSERS OR CHEMIST DYE.

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP.

2. Kim

Kim Well-Known Member

Whatever anyone tells you it's up to you but I did a lot of research on this and came to the conclusion that you would have to drink the hairdye for it to cause harm to baby. I had my hair dyed and baby is fine.

3. SCARED MUM TO BE

HEY THANKS A MILLION COS I REALLY NEED MY HAIR DYED BADLY LOL, SO I AM GOING TO TREAT MYSELF THIS WEEK I THINK I DESERVE IT.

4. Blackfairykitten

Blackfairykitten Well-Known Member

Some people say that it can be absorbed through the scalp and only to have your hair dye by hi/lo lighting because it doesn't touch the scalp. Although when I trained as a hairdresser a few years ago (i don't do it anymore) the only thing they said about being pregnant was that the colour will not always work as well as normal.

Hope this help.

Happy hair dying

5. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

Hi hun,

Im a hairdresser, it is completely safe to dye your hair, just be a bit more careful if you are useing bleach or lightening products, the fumes are stronger

xx

6. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I'm off to have my hair coloured on Saturday, hell I need the pampering! I think it's been about 7 months since I last had my hair done! :shock:

Have had to promise DH I wont have a mummy cut though :lol:

7. SCARED MUM TO BE

HEY GIRLS I DYED MY HAIR ON SAT I ONLY KEPT IT ON FOR TEN MINS AS THE FUMES WERE CHOKIN ME BUT THE COLOUR TOOK REALLY WELL SO I WILL BE DOING MORE OF THE PAMPERING LOL. HOPE YOU ARE ALL DOING WELL MY FRIEND IS IN TODAY HAVING A C SECTION SO NERVOUS FOR HER SO I HOPE IT ALL GOES WELL.