HAIR DYE AND PIERCINGS

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I have been told that dyeing your hair during pregnancy is bad for the baby and isnt adviced, is this true? its just my grey hairs are coming through, again!!!! (and Im only 27!)
:lol:
I did dye my hair at the beginning of my pregnancy, then oblivious to this advice, should I be more careful doing it a second time?

Also, does having a body piercing affect the baby and is it adviced against? I am Rhd Blood group negative so worried about this also.

Anyone know or have advice, I know its not an important issue but Im intregued!!!

Thanks

It is quite fine to dye your hair whilst pregnant, permanent or semi - but due to the hormones your hair may not react eactly the way you want it to! Mine has been fine, yet I waited till 14 weeks just coz I'm funny like that. So go ahead and dye it - I've got a few greys too - and I'm only 19!! :lol:

I have a lot of body piercings - 4 in my belly (now only two), loads in ears and one labrette (lip). In my belly I have put bendy bars in two holes for when my tummy grows more and taken the side two out (it was in the shape of a cross). They are fairly cheap and definately worth getting - there is a link to Ouch! body jewellery in the body piercing section. As for my labrette - I took the metal stud out till I was about 13 weeks as the metal tasted funny to me for some reason! Blame it on the hormones!!

Hope that helps :D xx

When I last got a piercing one of the questions on the consent form was whether I was pregnant so I guess that means that is not safe to get a peircing whilst pregnant, though why I'm not sure. Ii have been told it is because of infection and it'll take longer to heal but whether that's right or not I don't know????

I have also heard that hair dyes are safe but not fake tans so I guess I'm going to have to remain pale and interesting for a while longer.
xx

Hi lulu,

Im a hairdresser, it is completely ok to dye your hair as long as it is not bleach or a high lift tint.

You can't be pierced or tattoo'ed whilst pregnant, because of infection risk is higher and it's not just you that you could be infecting with nasty germs. Also with tattoo's - your skin and everything is changing and reacts differently to things, so I guess thats why this isn't safe. My dad's cousing is a tattoo artist and was supposed to be doing to art work on me last month but said NO WAY when he knew I was pregnant. I guess I can wait!

As for fake tan - Ive never heard that?! I am using that new Johnsons holiday skin one with the slow building self tan, just to keep my Spain colour a little longer and not go back to my Moon Tan. Oh hell, I hate being white :lol:

I have a tattoo on my foot, ankle and leg, i wanted to get it extended to up my knee but when i booked the apointment i found out 2 days after i was pregnant, i was so upset coz i really wanted it done.

I heard as well that you cant get tattoos or piercings coz your blood is thinner during pregnancy so you would bleed more? not sure how true that is tho

omg no fake tan? im a pillowcase without it! im not p/g yet but when i do *touch wood* i will have to give it up... im gona do some reasearch me thinks.......i dont wana be pasty :'(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back