Hair concerns

Alwaystrying

Reaction score
Hi ladies

I am proper panicking at the moment and would really like some reassurance, if possible.
Prior to being pregnant every time I had a shower a washed my hair, loads of hair would come out, always shredding glair, I have long thick dark hair so it gets everywhere.

Found out I was pregnant and the hair shredding seemed to almost stop, no clumps would come out when I washed or brushed my hair, now over the last 3/4 days my hair is starting to fall out again' just washed my hair and loads came out in the bath and when I brushed it loads was left on the brush.

I don't know if this is some thing I should be worried about or whether this seems to be not uncommon, anyone else similar experiences please???

Hormones!

You'll have less hair loss during pregnancy

Then after birth it will start falling out

My best mates a hairdresser- only reason I know all this is she has a 1 year old and loved her pregnant hair as it was so thick :)

Yes I know and what I'm saying is the hormones in your body effect your hair growth etc during pregnancy- it could just be that?

If your really worried/concerned contact your gp?

Last edited:
My hair does that too - I lose a handful everytime I wash my hair. And being pregnant is making it stop and start, some mornings there is loads falling out, other times none at all. My hair is definitely getting thicker and growing so much quicker too

The heat is probably paying a factor in it too? Ur hormones are probably tryin to keep the hair in, but ur body's temperature regulation is probably trying to get rid?!? I think it's normal so don't worry xxx

Section hopping here. When I was pregnant with my son many moons ago I didn't notice any hair falling out but not long after having him I noticed a lot of re growth. It was only because it was at the front and looked like someone had cut me a really short, thin fringe that I saw it. Try not to worry, I'm sure everythings fine x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back