Hahahaha

BabyBrain

Reaction score
I've just been watching Maternity Ward and when they showed a baby to his mummy she just went :shock::shock::shock:....that's exactly what I will be like!!!! The look of surprise on her face was an absolute picture lmao xxxxxxx

that will be me too....i wont know what to do...lol x

Saw an hour old baby on my hospital tour earlier. He was gorgeous and had huge amounts of black hair. Scared the life outta me that I have a baby cookin in my belly :shock:

It's like ok yeah there's a baby in there, I can feel him moving and growing and stuff I think I've just convinced myself he is just a big fart lol, I'll go into hospital and come out normal :roll:

i am just in complete denial about the whole thing........i have no idea when my brain will actually realise that i am soon to have a baby.....i dont feel very maternal and am very worried x

i am just in complete denial about the whole thing........i have no idea when my brain will actually realise that i am soon to have a baby.....i dont feel very maternal and am very worried x

I feel this way too... I feel her wriggling and kicking about, but have just kind of grown to accept that is the norm and feel that she is a part of me now... Finding it hard to imagine that in just a few weeks we will have a little person sharing our house with us and she will no longer be kicking about inside my tummy! I have never felt overly maternal... Im hoping it will kick in when it all be ones more real...

I think if I'd fallen pregnant when we first planned to it would have been ok but we've been free and able to do what we want for so long I just cannot imagine us as parents....this poor little boy lol

i know...i would quite happily stay pregnant for a few more months...ha ha.....i am looking forward to cuddling LO but the thought that he/she is wth me and is mine to look after worries me....

i know i will feel different when i actually hold them for the first time....i hope...even at the scans i didnt cry....i sound so cold and heartless dont i...lol.....i have bonded with my bump and rub boo boo and talk to boo boo so i am sure it will all be fine and i am worrying for nothing......i hope....

I think if I'd fallen pregnant when we first planned to it would have been ok but we've been free and able to do what we want for so long I just cannot imagine us as parents....this poor little boy lol

Yes, maybe that's it... We've been married for 8 and half years now, and are so used to it being 'just the two of us' - we've travelled and done all the things we wanted to do pretty much whenever we wanted to do them. I knew i didnt want children before the age of 30, but hoped it would happen a bt sooner than it has ( now 37). I guess we've had too long to establish ourself as the 'childless couple' whilst all those around us have started their growing families years ago! It's going to be such a huge change for us!

The one thing everyone is going to have to get used to is us not doing all of the travelling. Cos we have just been the 2 of us it's always us that do the visiting, that's going to change and I virtually guarantee not many people will bother coming to see us lol

I'm in complete denial too. I keep thinking its all a dream and will feel gobsmacked when baby is plonked on me. I see a big lump that protrudes quite often but my brain doesn't register that there is a baby in there. I guess it's a little easier if you have had a 3d/4d scan? Cos u kinda get to see a little of what your baby will look like? I dunno. Just all very wierd.xx

It's really weird! I think I tell my husband at least once a day "Do you realise there's a REAL baby in there? An ACTUAL baby?!?" I often go online and look at premature babies for whatever week I'm in to try to make it more real, to understand that it's not an unfinished baby that will be transformed during birth, but that he right now, in this moment, is a real baby, who just happens to be covered by a lot of stuff.. I still don't understand it... but I try, oh how I try :p

It's like ok yeah there's a baby in there, I can feel him moving and growing and stuff I think I've just convinced myself he is just a big fart lol, I'll go into hospital and come out normal :roll:

Literally made me wet myself laughing (well not quite) but I woke up DH and am still giggling! I definitely know what you mean. We're the same with travelling and people already think we'll still be doing it... We're trying to gently say we won't

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back