Haggis safe????

Sleepy sue

Reaction score
Hi all I've decided to cook a haggis for tonight's tea, bought it from butchers and have just thought is it safe to eat while pregnant?? I know it has a high vit a content !! x

I wouldn't think haggis is safe, just for the vit a content in it. Its like pate, not allowed that cuz of the vit a content x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Not sure if it is recommended but I had haggis the other day. I figured its not something that I have regularly so eating it as a one off wasn't going to do much harm! Enjoy! x

The liver content in haggis (& there fore the vit a) is actually relatively low. It's mostly oats etc thats in it. As long as your not eating it every night it's fine.

The main reason for pate on the other hand is the listeria bacteria in the manufacturing process. xxx

Thanks ladies, don't know what I'd do without you guys. I've decided not to have it :( although DH is smiling lots I don't think he was looking forward to it lol x x

Oh that's a pity - its delicious (but then I'm Scottish so a wee bit biased) and perfectly fine to eat when pregnant!x

Oh my bad! Enjoy! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Well, I didn't like haggis before I got pregnant, and with Burns night being this week and haggis everywhere it has well and truly put me off for life :sick: xx

I had haggis for burns night, it was yummy :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back