Had twelve week scan today

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Gill09876, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Gill09876

Gill09876 Well-Known Member

Hi girls

We had the twelve week scan today. All went well but I expected to be 12+2 and I'm only 10+6 so I have to return for a scan next week. It was lovely to see baba wriggling and their heart beating. The sonographer wasn't very helpful & seemed annoyed I'd been sent so early by midwife but I think I ovulated late. Midwife just said we will still stick to date of your last period until 12 week scan. Has anyone else had a similar experience? Sonographer wouldn't tell me anything as baby was only measuring 4cm. Hoping everything is ok. I am reluctant to tell the world just yet until all is well next week. We have told close family though

Thanks

Gill xx

2. KateK

KateK Well-Known Member

Hi Gill, so glad to hear everything was great with your baby! Really disappointing to hear about the attitude of your sonographer though.. You are not a psychic, how were you to know? I had a horrible midwife with my first pregnancy and hated all my appointments, she had a way of making me feel so small. Not what you need when you're pregnant and naturally anxious about everything. Fingers crossed all goes well at next weeks' scan.. When it comes to telling people my theory is i'll tell anyone who i'd tell if something were to go wrong, as i'd need their support if the worst were to happen anyway. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and have told all my nearest and dearest :) Congratulations xx

3. Gill09876

Gill09876 Well-Known Member

Thanks Kate. Congratulations to you too. XxI said I did tell my midwife. I think some people are in the wrong profession x

4. Tillyfloss

Tillyfloss Well-Known Member

I was put back two weeks! Was like how can that be? Surely a tested wouldn't have worked?! Anyway they put me back and they/we stuck to the dating scan due date! X