Had the Harmony Test, guess the gender!

5plus1onway

Reaction score
Hi all

I had a high risk for downs (1 in 40) come back a few weeks ago and we decided to pay for the harmony test rather than have the amino and are currently waiting for the results, the wait is awful I'm dreaming about the results being bad and hardly sleeping!! :wall2:

We had it done at babybond so got a scan and look in 4d too, can anyone guess baby's gender before we get the results as they tell you 100% what baby is!

20160322_174345_zpskyzkulju.jpg

20160322_174325_zps5cy3libf.jpg

Lovely pictures and I'm hoping the results will be good, just try and stay postitive (I know it may be hard), in going to guess boy X x

Last edited:
Hey really hope you get good news with your results I can't imagine how it feels to have to wait especially if it's more than a few days. I work with lots of down syndrome kids and adults and they are really wonderful, funny and have so much character. They make everyday different at work and each day they still make smile. I also used babybond for an early gender scan and found them to be really nice. I'm also going to guess boy. When do you get your results?

Really hope you get the good news you so deserve :)
We went through this exact same thing 10 weeks ago. We originally had a risk of 1 in 49 but after our harmony test out risk changed to 1 in 1,000,000.

I think boy too :)

Thinking of you ... Let us know how you get on xx

Thank you both for your reply, Blueclass we was told it would be 7 working days, so should be this Friday/ Monday but as its holiday it will likely be after! Which makes the wait just that bit longer! �� The wait is awful I'm now 16 weeks and 3 days, and if it comes back high risk they still advise the amino test!
Aww that sounds lovely and I know they are very loving! x

Wish you all the luck in the world for the results xx I guess girl xx

Really hope you get the good news you so deserve :)
We went through this exact same thing 10 weeks ago. We originally had a risk of 1 in 49 but after our harmony test out risk changed to 1 in 1,000,000.

I think boy too :)

Thinking of you ... Let us know how you get on xx

Wow!! That is some difference!!! This has made me feel so much better thank you for sharing :)

Did you find out the sex or waiting for a surprise?

It's my birthday Easter Sunday so I'm really hoping to find out before that but I think it will be after the holiday now! :eh: but will let you know once I know!! xx

Hope you get good news. I had my harmony done on a Tuesday and the results came back on the following Monday so it only took 4/5 working days, hopefully you'll get them soon xx

Hope you get good news. I had my harmony done on a Tuesday and the results came back on the following Monday so it only took 4/5 working days, hopefully you'll get them soon xx

Thanks for sharing that so I may even get the results tomorrow then or Thursday Eeeeekkkkkkk!

Did you get good news then? What was your risk factor? And did you find out the sex I'm guessing you did as it says baby boy on the bottom of your post.

Congratulations on your pregnancy x

Thank you both for your reply, Blueclass we was told it would be 7 working days, so should be this Friday/ Monday but as its holiday it will likely be after! Which makes the wait just that bit longer! �� The wait is awful I'm now 16 weeks and 3 days, and if it comes back high risk they still advise the amino test!

Obviously I hope everything is ok but depending on the risk will you have the amino test? Xx

Yes my risk came back <1 in 10000 chance and yes found out it's a boy!
I didn't get NHS screening done only harmony. I previously lost a pregnancy at 13+2 due to a chromosome problem and because I'm now 42 I new that I would probably come back as high risk from NHS screening so opted out and went straight for harmony xx

Thank you both for your reply, Blueclass we was told it would be 7 working days, so should be this Friday/ Monday but as its holiday it will likely be after! Which makes the wait just that bit longer! &#65533;&#65533; The wait is awful I'm now 16 weeks and 3 days, and if it comes back high risk they still advise the amino test!

Obviously I hope everything is ok but depending on the risk will you have the amino test? Xx

I really don't know!! I had one with my last daughter as she also came back high risk but didn't find it very nice at all! She turned out fine, If the results are bad then it's a discussion we need to have, if we keep him or her anyway don't see the point, it's just nice to know so we can be prepared I guess, but not thought about it till we have to!
Thanks for your reply xx

Yes my risk came back <1 in 10000 chance and yes found out it's a boy!
I didn't get NHS screening done only harmony. I previously lost a pregnancy at 13+2 due to a chromosome problem and because I'm now 42 I new that I would probably come back as high risk from NHS screening so opted out and went straight for harmony xx

That's great :) I'm finding it so calming talking to all of you and hearing about your results making me much more positive now :)

Sorry to hear about your loss, but congratulations on your little boy :) I kind of wish I opted out of the nhs screening too as this is my second that has come back high risk from them!

Got my fingers crossed for my results tomorrow now, how did you find your results out, was it by phone call, or email or post? xx

I got it by email xx
Yeah before doing any screening and just based on my history/age my NHS screening was already at 1 in 70 chance so we just thought 'to hell with that' lol. We are fortunate enough to be in the position to afford the harmony so just went with it.

Glad your finding some comfort in others experiences and remember .... there's no point worrying until there's something definite to worry about xx

Good luck for your results. I'm guessing girl xx

I got it by email xx
Yeah before doing any screening and just based on my history/age my NHS screening was already at 1 in 70 chance so we just thought 'to hell with that' lol. We are fortunate enough to be in the position to afford the harmony so just went with it.

Glad your finding some comfort in others experiences and remember .... there's no point worrying until there's something definite to worry about xx

Wish I had done that, could of saved all the worrying, which fingers crossed is for nothing!

I will be checking my email every10 mins tomorrow I think!! It's definitely helped me think different so thanks for that, And your so right I won't worry till there is sometging to worry about :) xx

Got my results today via email so knew things were OK! Which is a massive Relief, had to pluck up the courage to open the attachment to see baby's sex as I really wanted a girl and thought it was a boy, .... :lol: but it's a little girl :) yay! And results were 1 in 10,000 so massive difference to 1 in 40 from nhs!!!!

Made my birthday weekend that has :D x

Thanks all couldn't ask for a better birthday present!!! &#55357;&#56476;
x

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member