Had scan today :-)

Toria111

Reaction score
So had my dating scan today. All ok, strong heart beat and more than doubled in size since last Wednesday!

Put back 2 days, but she said it may just be the angle she was seeing and to wait till 12 week scan which she booked me for 12th August!

Something she said that I didn't know..... Once you are past 7 weeks the chance of having a miscarriage significantly reduces. (Although I've miscarried at 7 weeks, 9 weeks and almost 11 weeks!)

Hey Hun- great news! Yes 7 weeks is when the Major changes to bean happen- so that's where the sticky beans generally make the hurdle- there's a % of miscarriage that reduces with the week numbers - the further you get the risk reduces

Fingers crossed for a sticky bean and a healthy dating scan!

Scan from yesterday! If it works :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    202.3 KB · Views: 12
So had my dating scan today. All ok, strong heart beat and more than doubled in size since last Wednesday!

Put back 2 days, but she said it may just be the angle she was seeing and to wait till 12 week scan which she booked me for 12th August!

Something she said that I didn't know..... Once you are past 7 weeks the chance of having a miscarriage significantly reduces. (Although I've miscarried at 7 weeks, 9 weeks and almost 11 weeks!)

it's posts like this that make me question why my first midwife appt was at 10 weeks (yesterday) and i dont know when my scan is yet, i am waiting for it in the post.

it's so strange how different GPs do things so differently isn't it? it must be awesome to have this much knowledge so early on! congrats on everything to you, i am glad everything has gone well for you. my doctor also mentioned about how when you're past 8 weeks it's less likely to have a problem, it made me want to tell everyone but i am trying to wait until a scan!

best of luck with everything :D xx

Hey,

I've only had the extra scans because of bleeding last week, and also dating scan as I've had a few miscarriages. The last one was 21 May and I haven't had a period before falling pregnant again, so they needed to check so that I have the 12 week scan at the correct time.

Hope you get your scan date soon x

ceriann id think your scan is just a few weeks away as usually its 12 weeks :)

i had an early one to reassure me after some spotting at 7+2 and everything was perfect :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back