Had my scan yesterday.

sassy79

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
haven't been on for a while as I was away and got back the day before. I had my scan yesterday but it's not good again..
It shows that our baby's heart is not functioning normally, there's kind of a leakage in the right valve.
Anyone ever had this experience, we were told that it might resolve by itself and another scan is booked for next week.
There's a chance of 1 in 1226 that the baby might be Down's Syndrome.
Please, if you ever had any experience like this please let us know. It is so so worrying, please?
Many thanks

I'm sorry, I have no experience with this, but I hope all goes well and it's fixes itself. Fx, xxx

So sorry I can't give any advice, but I just wanted to wish u all the best for ur scan next week. Hope everything sorts itself out xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Hi, really sorry no experience of this but just wanted to wish you well for next scan :hugs: xx

Really hope all goes well, wait and see what the next scan is.
x

Again no experience, but didn't want to read and run. Hope everything fixes itself for next week and you can come back and give us some good news x

maybe ask the question in the main pregnancy forum hun? might be more ladies in there that have experience of this that can help you?
x

Hi, sorry to hear that. My nice had a lot of trouble with her heart, not sure exactly what was wrong but it was very bad, my sil would have been advised to abort her, but she was too far gone when they found out. When she was born she had six operations and grafts with a slim chance of survival and was in hosp for a few months. She is now a happy and healthy 8 month old. Not sure if she had a leaky heart, but just wanted you to no that even the worst heart problems can sometimes be solved. Hope this gives you some hope xx

Hope you get some answers and everything ends up ok..:hugs::hugs:

Xx

After thinking about this post, my sister was born with Downs and had heart problems but all she needed was an umbrella type thing put in and shes absolutely fine and no probs 21 years later xxx

Hope scan goes well next week and problem fixes itself hun :hugs: x x

Hi everyone,
Am glad to let you all know that the Consultant said it's nothing to worry about and that because the heart is so small ot the moment, probably that's why and also I've met people with a leaky heart and this person now is 75yrs old both her valves has a leak.
She said nowadays with all the equipment they have they will see every little thing but before they wouldn't even know.
She just found out herself when she had an eye problem, went to the hospital and was told she had a heart attack and when did the ECG they found that she had 2 leaky valves which have been there for 75years.

Life is so funny sometimes.. But thank you so much all of you for your kind support.
xxx

Glad to hear all is well and hope you can relax a little although I think that is nearly impossible for a women in the first trimester. xx

Glad everything is ok! X

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back