Had my scan today...

pacha

Reaction score
OMG it was so clear!! It was waving and kicking its legs in the air.. had no idea it would be so clear, it was jumping about all over the place. Turns out im further on than i thought - 12weeks 3days. I have a piccy and want to show you but dont know how :doh:

I asked the MW if my next scan would be at 20 weeks so I can find out the sex and she said that I dont get another scan and that they dont do a sexing scan. she said they only do one here at 10-12 weeks :(

Glad its healthy, maybe you could get a sexing scan at another hospital?

Glad the scan went well hun, Its amazing isnt it. They have to do a 20 week scan to check all organs, heart, liver and also bone size and spine. They cant check those until later on, so I'm not sure why you were told that. Check with your midwife on your next appointment, but I'm sure thats wrong.

thanks hun :) - she said that none of the hospitals do it here unless there are health issues but I know that my bf's friends girlfriend had a 20 week scan recently and found out they were having a girl so Im going to get him to ask

:cheer: So pleased it went well!

Oh as for the 20week scan most of the tests (visual) are carried out between 12-14 weeks. There are a few members here from Scotland way who don't get them either.

You can book one privatly for reasurrance etc if you can afford it, theres lots of places that do them :)

:cheer: glad all went well for you, im still waiting for an appointment for mine, not happy bunny :shakehead: thinking it might be due to xmas

Glad the scan went well hun! Did you get a pic? :hug:

:cheer: glad everything went well! :hug:

Was it your post I read before about not being as exited as you think you should? Well has the scan changed everything now? :hug: :D

thanks all :D Yes it was my post and yes what a difference it has made. I am getting up in the night for the loo and having a sneaky look at my scan pic, i love it so much. I need to figure out how to post it. OMG I must be moving to Tri 3 soon :eek: thanks so everyone on here, you have all been so supportive :D

I'm glad it went well for you. You seem much happier today :D :hug:

Glad the scan went well hun, are you going to the princess royal? i was told that the only time they do scans at/around 20 weeks is in BIG emergencies. we found out the sex by going to babybond at park circus and then we had an unexpected scan on tuesday morning because they thought there was a problem. any questions feel free to PM me

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back