Had given up!

Wilson14

Reaction score
So to explain the background my husband and I started trying nearly 3 years ago, he has two children (now grown up) from a previous relationship. After 11 months nothing was doing so we started having tests and it transpired that his sperm quality was poor in all 3 categories, movement, shape and quantity. We were told the chances of us conceiving without IVF were slim to none. So we were very upset but gave up trying, I didn't bother going back on the pill as I didn't see the point, fast forward to last Thursday. I couldn't remember when my last period was after having religiously recorded it every month since January 2016 and my boobs had been hurting and swollen although for me this is normal before AF arrives. I just decided to take a test as I had a couple spare, to my amazement when I turned around and looked at it a minute later two lines showed up. In absolute shock I called my husband and told him the news. The lines on the test we very dark and came up quickly. I then took another test later that day, again a quick positive, dark result. The following day I took a digital that was positive within a minute and 3+ weeks. My boobs are still a little sore but I don't have any other symptoms and given how much we struggled am really really panicking! I'm waiting for the midwife to call me to arrange my first appointment and have a doctors appointment next Thursday - the earliest I could get when I called them last Thursday! I'm in such a state worrying that something will be wrong or it's not actually viable - anyone else feeling like this??

Congratulations on your BFP!

This is my second pregnancy and I think I am more nervous and worried this time around than I was my first! It is all totally normal though!

Congratulations on your bfp. It is great news especially after you were told be difficult to. Sometimes that's the way it happens the minute you relax about it.
Honest it is natural to worry.. But try keep positive. You got 3+ on a test is brilliant as strongest you can get.
All the ladies are brilliant on here and been through so much and can help you as much as possible. If due august next year come and join our thread on first trimester and hopefully we will be able to help support you like we are all trying to do with each other. Have a happy and healthy 9months xxx

Thank you ladies, well I think I'll be end of July beginning of August so I might join both lol until I know! xx
Fingers crossed!

I am due end of July beginning of August too. Congratulations again xxx

Congratulations! I remember you from before. So pleased for you. As the others have said, it's totally normal to worry. Happy and healthy 9 months!

Congratulations! I remember you from before. So pleased for you. As the others have said, it's totally normal to worry. Happy and healthy 9 months!
Thank you, was in a really low place at times back then. I won't stop worrying as I'm a born worrier but thank you for your good wishes :) xx

Massive congrats to you.
we have been TTC for 20 months now and have been referred for ivf as my oh’s morphology is very low. I am still hoping for a miracle and we conceive naturally x

Massive congrats to you.
we have been TTC for 20 months now and have been referred for ivf as my oh’s morphology is very low. I am still hoping for a miracle and we conceive naturally x
It's frustrating isn't it something that seems to happen so easily for what seems like everyone else around you. Has you husband tried any lifestyle changes? I'm sure a factor in our success was a reduction in stress as my husband gave up his own business and returned to employment and as a result is drinking and smoking less - or we just got lucky! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back