Had first midwife appointment

mandspice

Reaction score
She was lovely and discussed everything with me but it kinda brought back memories of last time, just before I had a miscarriage :( Still, am feeling positive and because I'm high risk I'll be monitored throughout by a consultant.

It's starting to feel more real now!

Oh, and I had the blood tests and now am feeling irrationally paranoid about the HIV test!! (didn't have it last time). How long on average have people had to wait for the results?

Oh yes, and she said I can have a glass of champagne on NYE :) But I feel so sick I doubt I will!

glad your mw appt went well, i had mine on friday but didn't have no bloods as i have to wait to have them done at the hospital, but i to will be scared about the hiv one, i'm sure most people are xxx

mandspice said:
Oh, and I had the blood tests and now am feeling irrationally paranoid about the HIV test!! (didn't have it last time). How long on average have people had to wait for the results?
!

When I had my bloods taken she said the results were usually back within a week but I would only hear something if they detected anything unusual, not if everything was fine. She said it would not be her calling if that were the case, but someone else. Said if I had not heard within 10 days then all was well as they would have contacted me before that if not.

Otherwise, from what I recall of others saying and my own experience, they don't trouble you with clear results on any of it. I think its simply as it would take a huge amount of time and resources to manage notifying good results than notifying only the not so good results.

You can then ask her about the results at your next MW appointment at 16/20 weeks then if you really want to. I never did though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back