Had a scare today :(

twinkle90

Reaction score
Went on my break in work this afternoon and i suddenly felt wet down below. I checked and was bleeding heavy. The boss sent me home. Couldnt get hold of my midwife, unless cow! Took a while to get hold of the emergency midwife. Finally was told to go to the doctors. The doc couldnt find a heartbeat. Freaked me out even more. Got referred to the hospital. URGENTLY! But didnt get seen til 6 and a half hours later. Not a happy mummy2be. Eventually had a vaginal exam, and cervix was closed so no sign of a MC. THANK GOODNESS! Still sent me for a scan. And seeing my lil bubs kicking and wiggling around was the best feeling ever. So relieved!!! Both me and OH cried. Had to have bloods done again afterwards because the stupid cow of a midwife didnt put them in my notes. So im really not happy with my midwife atm!! Failed to answer my phone call and failed to report my bloods. But baby is all fine and wriggling around. Already freaking us out!! :) :) :)

Sounds scary but so happy all ok and little one is in their nice and comfortable :) that does sound awlful about your midwife but at least hospital got you sorted :) xxx

Sounds really scary!! Glad everything is ok Hun xx

So glad baby is okay. Did they know what the bleeding was then?ntake it nice and easy this weekend if you can xx

Considering i was referred as an emergency 6 hours took the biscuit. They reckon it was something to do with the placenta. The male doctor who did my scan kept reasuring me of where the heartbeat was. So waa happy with that xxx

Oh no! Can't imagine how you were feeling at the time!

So glad baby and you are fine though!

Sounds like you are still a bit unsure as to what caused it and such a shame midwife is shit!! - make sure you push for answers :) xxx

Oh hun, what a scary day! Glad it looks like everything is ok. Do they know where the blood was coming from? xxx

The woman who did my vaginal exam said the cervix was closed so ruled out a MC. Its now 4am and woke up to more bleeding. Should i phome hospital later on even though its bank holiday? Xxx

Hi twinkle, I would phone the hospital. It may be nothing but best to check. And you'll only worry all weekend if you don't. I really hope all is ok xx

Just posted in your other thread, but I would call the hospital x

Sorry to hear you've been bleeding - it's so bloody scary!! I had a friend who bled very heavily after sex and was due to the position of the placenta (she went to a and e) and all is perfectly fine.

The fact you have had a scan I'm sure bubs is happy in there but I'd go back again to put your mind at ease or you'll drive yourself crazy.

Hope your ok x

Oh sorry this us happening to worry you, what shocking midwife service!

Id go straight to epu or call hosp hun, beeding should be checked out

I had big bleeding at 9 weeks with my second baby and they said a little bit of placenta had come away from uterus wall and blood had got trapped there, it took two weeks to go but i tried to take it easy just incase and all was well xxxxx

I need to phone at 10 for my blod results il mention the bleeding then. They probs wont fit me in til tuesdsy as its bank holiday xxx

Fx it's just the same problem hun at least you saw bubs was ok. Bloody scary!! Hope the hospital are helpful, epu should be able to advise xxx

Just posted on other thread but that sounds like a good idea to mention it to them when you call at 10am. Hopefully it's just old blood and will ease off now. Xx

Glad all is ok but to be fair your mw might have been off she may have been on call overnight or working the weekend shift (if full time only 5 shifts a week are worked), in a homebirth, at an emergency in a training update hence why there is a on call number and a 24/7 hospital service. Also regarding your bloods she may not have had the printout from the lab surely the hospital could have phoned the lab to get them. It may be she isn't giving you the service you want but I reckon that there are other circumstances that made her unavailable. Rest easy hope it all settles. I bled at 14+5 weeks and I needed a scan to find HB as MW couldn't find it.

I wouldn't expect my mw to deal with it at all if I was bleeding, never been advised to call her, but told to call the hospital if I have any problems. I guess if she told you to call her that's a different matter. They all seem to work differently.I only have my one's number because she texted me about an appt xxx

Im my first appt with her. She told mw if any problems. Bleeding etc phone her! She gave an alternative number even it took a few attempts for them to pick up the phone. But oh well it got sorted eventually xxx

Well I understand why you were peed off then. But at least you got it sorted. I guess they can't be available all the time. Xxx

I understand hun. I was panicked and freaking out. Its understandable xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back