Had a sad few days.............

Rubys mummy

Reaction score
OHs nan is dying, she is in her 80s and has been in a home for around 2 years due to Altztimers (sp?) but has been taken into hozzie quite sudden and I have no grand parents so I think of Gladys as my nanna too.....its cancer claiming her now :cry:

We went to say goodbye yesterday at hozzie. She is out of it,but she is still hanging on in there....I wish there was something I could do,OH and his family are heartbroken.

so soeey yor going through this....iv been in a similar situation with alzhiemers so feel free to PM if you need a rant or chat
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: for you and you OH and familyb xx

Awww hun, so sorry to hear this, you'll all be in my thoughts :hug: :hug:

aw zoe i'm so sorry to hear that,
it an awful thing and i'm sure the time of year
isn't helping. :hug: :hug:

i know its hard but try and take some comfort
from the fact that she wont be in pain and also
(i have some personal experience of this)
its not nice to see someones altzeimers develop
and have them not remember you and get confused by
your presence..they become an empty shell of who they once
were and its not a nice way to remember them.

my thoughts are with you and your family,
if you ever need to chat PM me anytime xx :hug: :hug:

Hun, im sorry to read this, just want to send you loads of hugs, always here if you ever need me my phone is on all the time if you want to chat.

Sending all my love :hug: :hug:

Thank you all soooo much for your lovely words and kind thoughts :hug:

She is still hanging on, they thought the end was near during the night but she rallied...the docs said this morning she would pass today but so far no news from the hozzie.

I just pray she knows her sons are by her bedside, and that she is comfy. Poor OHs dad, he has been with her since thursday night by her bedside, he cant leave her. I popped in before with some sandwiches and drinks for them, OHs dad has diabetes and hasnt taken his tablets since friday so I made sure he had them, and some food to take them with. He looks so shattered. Its heartbreaking :cry: :cry:

big huga :hug: :hug: :hug: thinking of you and your family x x

We lost her at 3.10am his morning...it has been a very sad day, we tried to carry on as normal for Rubys sake, and she defo helped to bring a few smiles to everyone during what was a hard day.

Thanks again for all your wishes xxxxxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back