Had a leaking situation today

.Ruth.

Reaction score
Been very busy this weekend, had my baby shower - which was lovely and had lots of pains and aches all day... also a bit damp downstairs.

Then this morning woke up with a wet pad so had to change. I put it down to sweat tbh and just ignored it.

Then when I was sat on the loo, a big trickle came out which was definitely not wee! I quickly held a bit of loo roll there and caught it! made my boyfriend have a sniff and he agreed was definitely not wee! as smelt a bit sweet and no colour at all.

So I rang midwife and she said I need to get upto hospital asap. Was sent there and made to lie in a bed hooked up to machine monitoring baby and me, pressing a button everytime he moved.... all fine... so doctor comes in with speculum and my cervix is closed but quite wet up there!

I get dismissed saying nothing is wrong... no real answer as to what it was.

If I'm honest been made to feel like I've just been weeing myself... which have not! I have pissed myself before and it was not the same...

Anyone else had this? I'm a bit damp now and having to change pad often - can discharge be this watery?!

If it smells sweet im sure ladies have said before thats your waters!?
Keep an eye on it hun cos i no the dr has had a lil look but still..!
Could u work out when it was trickling out what hole it was coming from lol?? atleast then ud no if it was wee!

Ive not heard of discharge being that watery. Personally if this happened to me id assume it was my waters!

FX u dnt get anymore as ur only 30wks lol!! xxx

yeah discharge can be that watery lol tho i had something similar with DD1 and since i was up at the hosp and overdue they gave me a sweep anyway.
pregnancy is quite gross isnt it.

they say if its waters then it will gush a bit every time you get up from lying down for a while hun and as long as the hosp are satisfied id say its likely just a buildup of discharge

If it smells sweet im sure ladies have said before thats your waters!?
Keep an eye on it hun cos i no the dr has had a lil look but still..!
Could u work out when it was trickling out what hole it was coming from lol?? atleast then ud no if it was wee!

Ive not heard of discharge being that watery. Personally if this happened to me id assume it was my waters!

FX u dnt get anymore as ur only 30wks lol!! xxx

yer i read that too! and before i even said the word sweet to my boyfriend he said it too!

I'm constantly looking at the moment haha!

yeah discharge can be that watery lol tho i had something similar with DD1 and since i was up at the hosp and overdue they gave me a sweep anyway.
pregnancy is quite gross isnt it.

gross? yes lol.... was rather funny though watching my boyfriend sniff my pad a few times though with a puzzled look on his face!

Fx it's just discharge hun but if you get lots again get it checked out. It's a great sign that your cervix is still closed.
Don't worry about bothering the hospital again if you're concerned. That's what they're there for xx

Fx it's just discharge hun but if you get lots again get it checked out. It's a great sign that your cervix is still closed.
Don't worry about bothering the hospital again if you're concerned. That's what they're there for xx

Yer I think that's something I found out about myself today! Felt really silly being there after the midwife made me feel like I just had a dodgy bladder.... and nearly talked myself out of going to the hospital in the first place!

That does sound a bit odd. My mum was describing a leak in your waters as being like a balloon filled with water, with a little hole that baby's head is pressing on. So every time baby moves, he lets some water out. Meaning I suppose that it wouldn't necessarily be a gush every time you moved?

Definitely keep an eye on it though, and maybe talk to your midwife again if you get it over the next few days if she's a bit more helpful. No all Drs/Midwifes are as competent/considerate of how you feel, as others can be.

Haha I did laugh at the "I've pissed myself before so know what it feels like"... You pro! Haha!

I don't want to worry you as it does sound like they have checked you over properly, but a lady at my work had this, not sure to what extent she got checked over, but the docs told her it was a water infection and sent her on her away (she was only about 32 weeks). A few days later she started getting pains and went back and she was in labour! It was her waters breaking slowly, and then her body assumed it was time to start labour and so she had her little boy at 33 weeks! He was only in a few days and lovely and healthy so no drama, but just keep an eye and don't be afraid to harrass the docs! Xxx

Last edited:
Hate to say it, but the very watery discharge is the one symptom that can come with Group B Strep. If the doc did a swab as part of your internal, they'll probably test for it anyway. Would def ask MW cos if it is, it's best to know so you can get the antibiotics during labour. Just don't go googling lol it really isn't as bad as the internet makes out!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back