Had a definite bloody show last night contractions are getting stronger

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by iwanttobeamumm, Jun 4, 2016.

1. iwanttobeamumm

iwanttobeamumm Well-Known Member

Had a definite bloody show last night contractions are getting stronger but are still very mild been having them since my sweep on Thursday anyone had anything similar? Or had a bloody show, how long after your bloody show did you go into labour? I didn't have a show with my eldest, I'm getting induced on Monday anyway but just curious and hoping it could happen sooner x

2. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

Hey hope ur doing ok? Iv had 4 sweeps and bloody show and still no baby
    Iv been in latent labour for a week now and finally being induced tomorrow. I hope it works for you, think iv just been unlucky x

3. Emmam1982

Emmam1982 Well-Known Member

I had my show on Saturday evening and was in slow labour with irregular contractions until Monday and gave birth Monday night xx

4. iwanttobeamumm

iwanttobeamumm Well-Known Member

Had irregular contractions have got stronger but not regular got my induction Monday (I say induction but they're just breaking my waters rather than giving me hormones because my cervix is so soft and open (consultant did the sweep and recommended that which I'd prefer to the hormones)) had a little bit more of a bloody show just a few minutes ago when I went to the loo before I got in the bath (might have been because me and the OH had sex earlier to try and get things moving) oh also he's on his paternity leave now so he's home from the army for two weeks :-D

5. Blueclass

Blueclass Well-Known Member

They said they can break my water too but if labour does not progress from there then it's the hormone drip x