Had 4D scan!! with pic

GBLiz

Reaction score
We had our 4d scan today! After jumping about all yesterday, Anjali was being a little uncooperative and only wanted to snuggle into the side of the womb...but at least she didnt have her hands over her face, and we did manage to get this really cute shot!

6lt8dwg.jpg

Aww im glad she behaved a little bit for you. :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

wow, they really are amazing - your on double figures today too!!!!

the sonographer worried me a bit tho, cos she said her growth has slowed down a little, at the 20 wk scan everything was slap bang on average, and now she's a below average (although not abnormally so) but she did say i must keep note of how much she's moving each day- and to give the growth readings to my midwife so she can keep an eye on it...anyone else been told their baby's growth has slowed and is that a big cause for concern?

shes weighing in at 1lb9 / 714g which i didnt think was particularly small?

wow! I so wish id had one of those, theyre amazing :dance:

love the video, she's really cute :D

I'm sure if the growth slow down was anything to worry about they would have told you. At least you can get the midwife to keep an eye on it. She might be having a rest before her next growth spurt!

Oh how cute is that pic :D

I want a 4d scan now, would have to sweet talk OH into spending that much money tho :x

gymbabeliz said:
the sonographer worried me a bit tho, cos she said her growth has slowed down a little, at the 20 wk scan everything was slap bang on average, and now she's a below average (although not abnormally so) but she did say i must keep note of how much she's moving each day- and to give the growth readings to my midwife so she can keep an eye on it...anyone else been told their baby's growth has slowed and is that a big cause for concern?

shes weighing in at 1lb9 / 714g which i didnt think was particularly small?

My baby was small at the 20 week scan (315g 20+5) although like yours not abnormally they showed me a chart and as long as you were within the two lines you were fine (although i was on the lower border) they said it was nothing to worry about and never said anything about keeping an eye on it so im sure its fine as all babies grow at different rates.

She looks adorable!!! I don't think the growth thing is anything to worry about for now - if it were, I'm sure you would have been told.
Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy! ...I hope things go smoothly for you from now on :)

Aww that's amazing :D If everything is ok at 20week scan im going to have one of these done :D I was thinking around 26 weeks would be good :)

with the growth thing, its not the fact that she's on the smaller side, its more the slowing of the growth, my midwife doesnt know about it cos shes only got one reading, it was the lady yesterday who said i must show the midwife the latest measurements... :? but she said it was fine to wait til my appointment on the 9th jan, so it cant be THAT big a problem...altho i dont know how the mw will be able to check growth without another scan?? do people generally get a growth scan at any other point?

My friend was told exactly the same when she was having her daughter and she didn't get another scan - just some prodding. Her daughter was born at 40 weeks and 2 days weighing a very healthy (and hefty!) 8lb 11oz.

I'd try not to worry - I was told at my first appointment (which turned out to be at 23 weeks) that growth is a very individual thing in 2nd tri and all babies are different.

Your wee girl is beautiful!

Hi, I was due on xmas eve and was told at a scan I had at 28 weeks that she wasn't growing as much as she should have been. I was then scanned on average every fortnight to make sure she was growing fine. She was just below the 50th centile on the chart. Then on the 13th dec I was scanned again and she hadn't grown at all from the fortnight before so they induced me the next day.

If they're anything like here they will prob just want to keep an eye on baby to check the growth.

im sure shes fine cos shes kicking away. But its a good reason to get more scans :cheer:
I was a real headache for my mum cos i wouldnt grow after i was born so she's prob just taking after me:x

the nhs near me seem to do the very minimum, and even that begrudgingly
eg they said they dont bother with any bloods after the first lot (that i had at 6 wks) unless i start showing symptoms of anything

but im going to be temporarily resident in a different area from the week after next so maybe i can get a little more thorough care there. If not i will just pay for my own growth scan to put my mind at rest at 30 weeks or something.

kelsey how was your baby after she was induced, any problems?

No problems, the paediatrician was called to the room just in case anything was wrong but she screamed as soon as she came out then fed soon after too. Btw she was 5lb 8oz which was on the small side for just under 39 weeks preg. They said the way she was growing she would probably not have been much bigger at full term.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back