H & M is good!

Rosebay

Reaction score
Hi,

after yet another trawl around the usual suspects I finally discovered the best selection of maternity gear I've found in either Bristol or Bath. H & M in The Mall at Cribbs Causeway has a pretty decent section of reasonably priced gear. Ok so a lot of it was the same design in 6 different colour ways but even then there was a huge variety of basic design- from the long t shirt type thing to something with a gathering under your boobs to jumpers with a stretchy bit for your bump. I got two of those 100% cotton smock type tops that have a lightly elasticated bit under the boobs and across the back so that it looks like I'm a normal size from the back in the way it fits until I turn around and there is an unmistakable baby bump! I have three long sleeve t shirts from Blooming Marvelous that I got in a sale and although they're ok they are a bit baggy round the back as the ones that fitted tighter I found just showed all of the various visable skirt and pants lines etc- sometimes it seems like the maternity gear is made in a thinner t shirt fabric than normal- or maybe it's just me? Anyway, this cotton top was £14.99 which wasn't as cheap as say Asda but not as expensive as Next or Blooming Marvelous. The tops all seemed to be in the range of £9.99-£16.99 which isn't that bad considering that I actually like it! They had a few tops suitable for breastfeeding too which I hadn't seen that many of elsewhere so that's worth reporting.

Anyway just thought I'd let anyone who lives near or near to another branch that does maternity know what kind of thing they had- I've been so cheesed off with walking around shopping centres desperately trying to find branches of stores that actually do maternity gear with more than a basic 10 item range and it was great to find a good, cheap, relatively trendy selection finally!

+++

It's a shame I don't have one of those near me :( :( :(

Do they do mail order?

Actually I just looked at their website to check that anyway as it's not the easiest place for me to get to without a car but I don't think they do- at least once I'd tried to find my way around the flash-laden site I couldn't really see any kind of catalogue...

+++

They are on sale at the moment, bought 1 pair of trousers, 1 jumper, 8 t-shirts for £67, most of them were at 50% reduction. T-shirts at £4.99, what else can we ask for?I even bought 2 that were not on sale but they were at £9.99!!! I love H&M for that!!!! I went to topshop and I saw simple t-shirts for £25, no thanks lol

I have a H & M in my town and its GREAT! I love my trousers I got from there!

I'm hoping to go up today as I really need some proper maternity tops now, my bump is too big for normal ones (been buying normal ones 2 sizes too big).

Got some jeans for £29.99 with a nice stretch panel, they are very comfy but a bit long, and a couple of stretchy maternity tops.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back