Gynae appt and fallopian tube xray

MissJuliet

Reaction score
I had my first gynae appt today as although I don't have PCOS I gave polycystic ovaries and a history of missed periods. I'm currently on day 41 of my cycle which the Dr said wasn't normal. Anyway one of the tests he wants me to have is where they hold your cervix open with a cup and inject fluid in to check your fallopian tubes. Has anyone had this done? Is it painful?

Last edited:
Is it an HSG or a hycosy? I had that a hycosy to check my tubes were clear and they pumped dye through. They said to take painkillers beforehand, which I did. I went in on my own as hubby was working. A nurse was there to hold my hand and it did hurt a bit during it tbh - I just focussed on my breathing and that got me through. I was quite crampy afterwards.

I have PCOS BTW and was initially told I just had polycystic ovaries. Another look at my hormone results and I was given a diagnosis of pcos. Xx

The doctor didn't say what it was called but dye rings a bell. Thanks for the info. I'm having all my bloods done again to check my hormones x

Yeah I'd definitely double check, especially as your periods are irregular. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back