Gym/fitness/birthing ball - worked for anyone?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by SLHRK, Oct 5, 2016.

1. SLHRK

SLHRK Well-Known Member

Just interested to see if a birthing ball has helped anyone progress towards labour :)? I am 39+5, due on Friday and my midwife suggested I use a birthing ball, if not to progress towards labour it will at least prompt her into good position for my planned sweep a week today :D I collected my ball early this afternoon and spent an hour and a half earlier then another hour watching bake off just bouncing away and feel there may be a bit of progress already :D? Xx

Attached Files:

2. SLHRK

SLHRK Well-Known Member

Should probably add, first picture was last night and second one was taken tonight :)

3. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

Wow baby has really dropped there hun. I've just bought a ball and have no idea why I am bouncing on it I think it's to get baby to go into the right position? Xx

4. SLHRK

SLHRK Well-Known Member

Thanks Hun :D my midwife said that it can help in a number of ways such as getting baby into the correct position and/or holding them in that position if they are already head down :) also that it adds to the pressure on your cervix so can encourage baby to drop and cervix to thin out xx

5. Maaaaaac

Maaaaaac Well-Known Member

Consultant at hosp told me to get bouncing on ball too! I had a sweep and said that bouncing will help baby drop more as cervix is still long. I cant feel a difference BUT lost a bit of my plug today so obv something is happening.

6. Applecider

Applecider Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info SLHRK hope something starts happening for you! :)

I've had a tiny bit of mucus after the attempted sweep but cervix was too long for her to get to the membranes xx

7. Rubyredslipper

Rubyredslipper Well-Known Member

Bouncing helped turn my baby but didn't do anything towards bringing labour on!! It was however more comfortable towards the end to sit on the ball rather than the settee.

8. SLHRK

SLHRK Well-Known Member

Well I hope that the bouncing does something for you mac!! And your induction wont be necessary :D xx

I lost a rather large amount of plug on Saturday before I even got on the ball! Since using it have lost small amounts again :) xx

Well that's good to hear rubyredslipper! If it can turn the baby, hopefully it can do the other things the midwife has said :p xx

9. Nornimices

Nornimices New Member

It's useful!!