Gutted and teary...

MrsTopher

Reaction score
So had 16ek MW apt today and was hoping for HB but after having a good root around (and apparently she heard it in background) she couldn't find it for me. :cry: she then asked if I'd felt any movement or kicks, answers no so I was immediately worrying. She told me she'd heard HB but that bubs had 'swam away' as soon as she got it so I know I should be relaxed but since getting home I've done nothing but cry. My OH working away and not home til tmoro nyt so was at the apt alone and now sat alone feeling really grotty! Sorry its a bit of a pointless post I just needed to get it all off my chest.

MW said baby was hiding behind placenta an that's why she couldn't get at it and why I wasn't feeling movement yet and that within four weeks I should be feeling it all and hear HB easier. Sorry but 4weeks when I feel like this seems like a hell of a long time!! :cry:

Xx

Aw bless you :(

I don't think the midwife would have let you leave if she had any concerns about the heartbeat hun - maybe you could call your centre and explain that you are very distressed since the appointment and whether there is anyway you can visit them again to ease your concerns.

Huge hugs xxx

I honestly think it'd make me worse if they tried again and still couldn't find it. :( I know she had no concerns but its difficult, more so being home alone. I'm tired too so that's not helping but they have a walk in tomorrow so if I'm still feeling like this I may go down and see what they say and if they can do anything.

Thank you though hun. Xx

I wasn't really feeling much movement at 16 weeks hun and my placenta is at the back so should of been easier for me to feel movement so I wouldn't worry about that.

My bubs used to be quite hard to find sometimes and would swim off too, I think the problem with midwives is that they don't have time to listen for ages like you could at home with a doppler. My mw literally listend to my baby for 10 seconds! x

My midwife said it was too early at 16 weeks to listen to the heartbeat, but she did it because I asked.

Also, only some fetal development websites mention movement at 16 weeks. Most say at 18 weeks you MAY start to feel movement. It's different for everyone, but you really shouldn't be worried if you can't feel anything yet.

It's hard not to worry, but if the midwife thought there was a problem, she'd have sent you to the hospital.

Stay strong :) xx

Well I was trying to be prepared incase there was no HB for me to hear. Just emotional I guess and hit harder than I was expecting! =\ she was trying for a while to find it so they were thorough but its just the way I'm feeling I guess. :( just had a call off my mum and because I'm upset she was crying too. :cry: just an exhausting day. Thank you though hun x

My midwife said it was too early at 16 weeks to listen to the heartbeat, but she did it because I asked.

Also, only some fetal development websites mention movement at 16 weeks. Most say at 18 weeks you MAY start to feel movement. It's different for everyone, but you really shouldn't be worried if you can't feel anything yet.

It's hard not to worry, but if the midwife thought there was a problem, she'd have sent you to the hospital.

Stay strong :) xx

Thank you hun. I'm an emotional person at the best of times and just think it was harder being there on my own. :( I know if she was worried she'd have sent me for further scan or something its probably just an over reaction on my behalf. Xx

Oh sweetheart my heart goes out to you, I know its horrible but your baby wouldn't have a heartbeat one second and be gone the next! I think the placenta being at the front is a huge factor. Im ahead of you and sometimes I cant find little man with my doppler (and my placenta is well at the back!) so I just try again an hour later.

If you can id try and have a nap or a rest, things always seem worse when you're knackered xxc

Sweety i just wanted to say my bubba is very lazy. I am 31+5 (sneaking into tri 2 i know, but didn't want to read and run) and only really feel him now properly. I was worried at my last app and midwife said everything is ok. I had the bubbles more after my 20 week scan, but i was worried about not feeling him enough until now, and even now i'm still waiting for the painful kick in the ribs that everyone keeps tellng me about even though i look like a whale lol. He still sleeps alot. I know it is hard, but try not to worry (easier said than done) and look forward to that 20 week scan because it is amazing xxx

Thank you ladies, I know I'm over reacting but so difficult to keep a level he's when it's our tiny little bean in there! Pippa I'd love to have a nap but I'm working (nanny to a 3yr old) so don't have the opportunity yet, early night for me me thinks!!

Brandykins, he's getting all his sleep in now, fingers crossed he still sleeps well for you once he's here!! And you're welcome to tri hop all you want hun. Xxx

Tri hopping here. Try not to worry, my midwife refuses to do hb till 25 weeks, because of the likelihood of it not being heard at 16 weeks and causing unnecessary worry. I was a bit gutted that I had to wait till 25 weeks, but can see why the recommend it. At 16 weeks I felt very slight flutters that I wasn't even sure was the baby. My midwife told me to expect movement at around 22 weeks, so not feeling anything at 16 weeks isn't a problem. My friend didn't feel the till 21 weeks. She has an anterior placenta. x

Thank you JoeyClare, I'm feeling better than I was and understand the not trying for HB til later, this is why I haven't rushed and stressed over using my Doppler as wanted to see if she found it first! Xx

Dont worry hun its definitely early to feel anything - I dont now and am 19 weeks. Some people are much later. And like the others have said the HB can be hard to find and she did say she found it then baby swam away. Imagine how tiny those little hearts are right now, your bubs is having a whale of time in there and perfectly happy!! x

I know and I've probably over reacted but its been a very emotional day and hormones gone wild all week so roll on this week being over and a line drawn under it. X

Ah sorry to hear you are feeling down, try not to worry too much as I'm sure MW wouldn't lie so if she did hear it then all is fine with baby. I had two MWs try to find my baby's heartbeat at my 16 week scan and neither could which of course led me to fear the worse. I'm my case I think it was because of my placenta too as at 20 week scan baby was all groovy but placenta was at the front so baby had been hiding away.i also only started feeling proper move,nets and kicks about 20 weeks so did worry for a while too.

Have a relaxing evening xxx

Thank you hun, I think I just needed the reassurance and everyone on here been great! Xx

I know exactly how you're feeling. I had an appointment with my consultant a couple of weeks back and she couldn't find any heartbeat with a doppler! She got the nurse to switch on the ultrasound machine to check. Waiting between the doppler and the ultrasound was awful, but there the baby was just fine! The consultant said the heartbeat can be difficult to find at 16 weeks if the baby is in the wrong position. Freaked me out, but everything was just fine. Also I wasn't feeling any movements at 16 weeks either. Only randomly feeling stuff now at 18 weeks.

I'm sure everything is fine with you as well. Try not to worry xx

It's an awful feeling isn't it! You think once past 12wks you'll be more comfortable but the reality of what it could potentially mean is what hit me today! Xx

Hope your ok hunny
im sure if there was and reasin for concern she woukdnt of just sent you on your way she would of saod something? I havnt felt much movment eather but had mw today and did hear heartbeat
try to relax hunny xxx

It's an awful feeling isn't it! You think once past 12wks you'll be more comfortable but the reality of what it could potentially mean is what hit me today! Xx

It's a real rollercoaster this pregnancy thing! 16 weeks is way too early in my opinion to be feeling any movements, so if everything else is fine (no pain, bleeding etc.) you have to try to trust your body that everything is ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back