GTT

paradysso

Reaction score
Has any one had one, and how did you feel after?

Ive got my parent craft class straight after, will i be up for it? Just worried i wont be feeling great after all the starving myself as i get headaches when i dont eat :(

had mine at 16 weeks , i was still suffering with morning sickness then but i felt okies durring it , waves of sickness after drinking the liquid , but it was when i finally ate it hit me , didnt feel good at all and spent afternoon on sofa , was proper tired too

but some it doesnt it do anything so who knows chick !

i reccommend something like a soup after it tho

I had it at 12 weeks, and couldnt decide which was worse at that point, the hanging around the hospital for two hours waiting or the morning sickness made worse with the fasting. Had it again at 27 weeks which wasn't so bad as I wasn't nauseous. Best thing to do is take something to do like read/sewing or whatever while you wait. xx

yeah im going to take my harry potter book as im on a mission to read every one before bubs is born haha

just really want to go to parent craft as im hoping on meeting some other mummies, would it be worth me trying to move it to another day?

its a glucose tolerence test hun and they are nothing i had 3 while i was pregnant wth hannah and they give you something to eat at the hospital.They are a total waste of time in my opinion like i said i had 3 all came back negative and hannah was born with all the symptoms of diabetis

I havent had mine yet, I have the joys of looking forward to it @ 28 weeks as there is history of diabetes in my family although I havent got it. I did think it was a bit of a waste of time seeing as I havent got it but hey ho :?

x

I've had one, the only pain is the boredom of waiting around for ages. Take a good book or a magazine!!
The drink isn't too appetising, but it is drinkable. Take a bottle of water as you are allowed small sips of water if you're thristy.

I had mine at 28 weeks... I quite liked the drink tbh... usually I have to go have my bloods taken on an empty stomach and stand in a queue for nearly an hour on my feet with no where to sit feeling weak, nauseous and dizzy (did it yesterday again :roll: ) so it was nice to have something on my stomach that time :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Kylie1007 said:
I had one and it was fine! Not as bad as I thought.
agreed.. take some £ for a sarny.. or take a sarny.. i was also knackered in the night i went to bed about 8 was falling asleep watching tv..

I had mine at 9am so the whole "fasting" thing wasn't an issue as I could take or leave breakfast at the best of times and I had to "fast" from 10pm the night before! When I was free to go I made up for lost time with a visit to M&S food dept!!! :rotfl:

I have mine booked at 28 weeks too....

how come some of you had it so much earlier? thought they only did it at 28 weeks?

any one else have to have 2? im booked for one at 34 weeks too :think:

Do they only give it to some people?
I've never even had it mentionned - not even to say they don't do it, or I don't need it etc. :think:

They do it if you are over a certain BMI (30 or 35 I think), if you are of certain ethnicities or if there is a history of diabetes in your immediate family.

Oh OK - thanks for clearing that up, was worried I was getting inferior care :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back