GTT..Lost blood tests! have to have another one

claire23

Reaction score
Sorry for the rant but i am FUMING!!!!! i had my GTT on 6th jan, i assumed everything was fine as i didn't hear anything, just been to an antenatal appointment and he looked up the results only to see there was only 1 test not 2! meaning they lost one, so a whole 15 hours starving and morning sickness with no breakfast it was completely pointless a total waste of time!!! just to add im scared of needles and they practically butcher my arm everytime to get blood out of me as i have deep veins or something, they put me through all that for nothing! so they have filled out an urgent form saying i will be called tomorrow to arrange to retake the test, so i am going to have to go through it all again :( Just want to curl up and hibernate till my baby boy is here xx

Oh I feel for you! I didn't enjoy the first one - which was negative and needed a second one a month later because of extra fluid! I knew what to expect and asked if I could lie down in a room with fresh air. It was much better - I didn't care about being high maintenance! I always do deep breathing and look the other way in blood tests, I try to visualise something nice and refuse to get up too soon after. Hope it's not too bad for you xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back