Grrrrrrr

queenriccy

Reaction score
Can anybody who has had baby before please give me some advise ...

On wed I started getting pains about 20 - 40 mins apart while walking around the metro centre, this went on for about 3 hours and then they just went !
Felt like a strong period pain and a stitch together.

Last night while lying on the couch I was getting niggles on the right hand side of my back, put it down to the way I was lying so shifted about so I was kinda sat upright. About 10.30 it started moving around to the front of my tummy, we went to bed and tried to get comfy ... It was about every 20 mins these pains were coming in waves and the only way to describe it would be like a blanket from my back to my tummy - the tummy pain was bearable but the back pain was excruciating. I went downstairs as I was wriggling around in bed, I just couldn't seem to stay still. I half sat, half laid on the couch and tried to close my eyes in between the pains - when thy came I felt sick and I was shaking. I honestly thought this was the start of things. So I was trying to rest thinking this was the beginning and then they went !? Just disappeared as if they had never been there in the first place. The last pain was about 2.20 this morning, I went back to bed at 3am as I didn't get anymore.

Is this a normal build up to labour starting ? Im getting so excited when they start, wishing them to keep going even tho it friggin kills. I just thought ... Bam .. That's it, pains kicked in and your in labour.

If anyone has any experience of these ?? Please help me .....

Xxx

Sounds like latent phase to me, it can stop & start and can last a few hours or a few weeks unfortunately, but hopefully it'll start again soon!

Is there anything I can do to help things move long ?

Xx

I have had a baby already and I'm still no closer to knowing if this is it lol. I keep getting like you are havin and its been on and off like this for over a week. I think it'd labour trying to start, trying to get the muscles to sync together do its all good signs but doesn't unfortunately mean its very close. Each one does help Lo engage more though and will.be thinning out your cervix etc so even though the stop start is really.annoying its all helping. I have just taken to ignoring them trying to keep v busy etc and figure when they blow me away pain wise I'll pay them more attention! My labour with dd was 53 hours so o figure this one is unlikely to whoosh out that quick! You can try everything tho to help, sex, clary sage oil in bath, evening primrose oil as a vaginal pessary, raspberry leaf tea tho that takes time to accumulate on your system. Walking, climbing stairs sideways etc but ultimately only your body knows when its ready. Good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rania89
Back