Grrrrr....

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by Squiglet, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

My health centre just called to say that my midwife is on holiday and all her appointments have been cancelled... They've managed to rearrange my appointment for.... get this....

The 19th of January... :shock: :shock: :shock: Thats my DUE DATE... :shock: and apparently they are doing me a favour.. :roll:

That means I won't have seen a midwife since I was 28 weeks pregnant.... :x I'm really annoyed because I really needed to see her to mention all the swelling and period pains I've been getting, now I can't and I might pop before then :cry:

2. Pregnopaws

Pregnopaws Well-Known Member

wow, geez, what is it with these people!. Is there no-one else you can see at ALL?? :hug:

3. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

OMG! That's terrible! REALLY terrible!!!! Hope you somehow manage to see someone!!!!

4. bonny

bonny Well-Known Member

That Sucks!! :shock:

I had the same conversation with my MV earlyer, i cant get an appointment to see her till the 24 jan :roll: i due on the 16th. But alas she needs her holiday and if i need to see someone sooner i should go to hospital assesment center.

NHS aint it fab!!!!

5. paiges_mummy

paiges_mummy Well-Known Member

6. sarah113

sarah113 Well-Known Member

7. Toxic_Angel

Toxic_Angel Well-Known Member

I would demand to see a midwife or make a complaint hun, they cant not see you for weeks, an see you on your due date its stupid!
    i dont even have 1 midwife. iv seen about 5 different ones. some of em twice

8. happy-chick

happy-chick Well-Known Member

Thats terrible, can you not go and see ur doctor to get a check over and discuss anything thats concerning you?

9. ella

ella Well-Known Member

:shock: :shock: that is awful hun :hug: :hug: Is there anything you can do?

10. fothers

fothers Well-Known Member

that is awful!

You think they would have arranged locum cover for her if she is off so long :x

11. Linda

Linda Well-Known Member

thats ridiculous,

can you not get in to someone at another practice or hospital?

i go tomorrow to see the anesthesiologist at the hospital, my midwife said i should be seen by a m/w at the hospital if not i have to ring them and they will fit me in.

I know the government has cut down on m/w appointments the further on you get as they think pg women are being seen 'too often' in late pg, but for you to go so long between visits is beyond a joke.

I'd contact your hospital and explain the situation, surely someone will be able to see you.

Hope you get seen soon Hun.

:hug:

12. Squiglet

Squiglet Well-Known Member

OMG that's what I've been told :shock: .... If I'm that worried go to the hospital... But that will mean a stupidly long wait in casualty because basically theres nothing wrong with me... :roll: and I have enough trouble sitting on the sofa for more than 30 minutes without being in pain... :x

I have a doctors appointment at the health centre tomorrow so I will mention it to her, but she doesn't get involved with anything "pregnancy" related, she leaves that to my non existent midwife... :roll: Maybe she's take a look for me... but probably not...