Grrrrr!!!! Rant alert!!!

Bek234

Reaction score
I'm sooooooo pissed off!! My oh went out last night to 'wet the baby's head', not a prob, she's 5 nearly 6 weeks old.
One prob is he spends between 70-100£ on a night out!!!
Second problem being, he came in at 2am banging around, thinking he was being quiet, he slept on the sofa but I could hear his snoring upstairs! I HATE snoring! I had to keep coming down to wake him up 4-5times and in the end after a bit of shouting etc (5am!) i ended up switching places and he's in bed and I'm on the sofa because I can't sleep while he's snoring so I might as well be up!
Lg then woke up so fed her and she's asleep on me now.
I've literally not slept since 2am and I'm shattered! I'm so fed up of him being selfish and he didn't even care! He kept saying 'what do u want me to do? Stop breathing?!'
Argh! Seriously! If that was an option!!!!
I'm so angry that I've got a 5wk old baby sleeping really well! and he's the one keeping me awake!!
Prob 3... He will prob be in bed most of the day!!
When he gets up he will cuddle me and say sorry but ill be shattered! I know if I go to bed later when he's up he will only fall asleep on the sofa anyway and lg will be in her bouncer or something!
Feel like he gets away with everything!!
X

Tapatalking. X

I can sympathise with the snoring part - my oh drives me mad. If its not LO keeping me up its him!

I can see why you are p-d off, I would be too! Men just don't seem to get it do they!! It would be nice if dads helped out more at weekends not less.

It it's a one off I'd not make too much if a big deal. Make sure he has baby while you have a nap later though.

My OH did the same when James was about 6 weeks old and he's not had a big night out since :lol:

OH is also a snorer, I used to wear earplugs but obviously can't now!

xxxxxx

Last edited:
He does nothing at weekends either, he does work long hours thru the week but he throws it back at me sometimes!

I'm not sure if its a one off yet but it happened few times while I was preg too.

I had my implant put in 10 days ago and have started my period, so that teamed with tiredness is really getting to me! I hate hormones and I'm getting really agitated too! :( fed up and he's getting the brunt of it, but if I hear 'what's wrong with u' one more time! (Not in a caring way, in a ffs kinda way) xx

Tapatalking. X

I don't mind my hubby going out but if he went out and then if he expected to not help me at all with the baby the next day I wouldn't put up with it. I would get ready, go out and leave him with lo.

If my hubby done that I wouldn't be happy, how would your oh like it if you done that and he stayed at home with lo? Maybe try that say your off out next weekend x

Poppy that's exactly what I said and his reply was something about -atleast he wouldn't nag me!
I feel total shite now and just want to cry!
I'm taking baby for a walk and then will do the shopping...(although that means he gets out of that too) but I just need to get out xx

Tapatalking. X

Diane I couldn't leave little one hes still in bed! Xx

Tapatalking. X

My OH does the same! He is still in bed now too! He won't help with LO though, he will go out of his way to do all the housework etc but won't do a single thing with the baby x

Hope you get some rest later Hun!

My OH cant hear anything when he is asleep so understand how you will worry!

Also I think men (maybe not all) are just programmed different to us, my OH is good with baby but if he is tired, needs food, needs toilet she has to wait....I don't even think about even going to the toilet in the morning until she has had her first bottle and a clean nappy on! He thinks that's silly :-/

I personal would let him off this time, I know easy for me to say as I haven't been up since 2am and feel tired but if its a one off and he went out to wet baby's head then maybe a free pass.....as long as you can do the same when you feel ready to leave her for the night! ;)

I used to use a good sturdy feeding pillow when she was tiny that way we used to both fall asleep in the sofa during the day :) x

He is still in bed!!! C

Tapatalking. X

I would do as the others have suggested, bugger off out next weekend and leave him with the little one. He will quickly learn how hard it is. When my LO was about 6 weeks old I had to spend the weekend in bed cos I was so ill and OH had to spend the entire time looking after LO. It's the best thing that could've happened, he got how hard it was!

I would be soooo pissed off if OH was still in bed! I would have to go and wake him up by asking him to do some job or another. Mine went out 2 weeks ago (when baby was 2 weeks old!) and I made it clear it's fine, but don't think you are slobbing around the next day. To be fair to him he still got up and helped even after rolling in at 3am. I say "helped" in the most generous way though.. He has managed to be rubbish with helping housework wise for years so him not
Helping there is nothing new, but he will help with baby. As I'm breastfeeding he is on nappy duty so I always just hand him baby whenever it's time for a change. Make sure he knows he's in the dog house and hopefully he'll understand and not do it again xxx

He got up at 2!! Then asked why I didn't wake him! I'm too angry too talk to him properly yet so I've come upstairs for a kip and have left baby downstairs with him.
I don't think I want to go out and leave baby so long, and I couldn't stay in bed till 2pm definitely! we will be having words once I've had a kip and calmed down a bit. As its TOTM I'm bit hormonal which is prob making me worse lol
I just feel like we don't matter to him, he works long hours in the week and doesn't see lg that much in the week, usually an hour or 2 max each night. And that's between him showering an having dinner. So his weekends are all he has with her and he's just sat on the sofa huffing and saying how sick he feels!! Xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back