Grrrr some people!!!

Tanya4beauty

Reaction score
Now I hope no one takes offence to this but I've had about 3 bigger ladies say to me since knowing I'm pregnant " ha ha you're gonna get fat, you're gonna get fat!!"
Now this is really pissing me off cos I'm a size 10 and always looked after myself and kept fit. I'm fully prepared to let my body do whatever it needs to do for a healthy baby but is it just me or is that really mean?
It's like because they are fat they are gonna get enjoyment out of me gaining weight to make themselves feel better!
I feel like turning round and saying no im pregnant you're just fat there's a difference!! But I'm not that bitchy!
Just needed to rant, that is all! Xx
And breath......

Last edited:
Now I hope no one takes offence to this but I've had about 3 bigger ladies say to me since knowing I'm pregnant " ha ha you're gonna get fat, you're gonna get fat!!"
Now this is really pissing me off cos I'm a size 10 and always looked after myself and kept fit. I'm fully prepared to let my body do whatever it needs to do for a healthy baby but is it just me or is that really mean?
It's like because they are fat they are gonna get enjoyment out of me gaining weight to make themselves feel better!
I feel like turning round and saying no im pregnant you're just fat there's a difference!! But I'm not that bitchy!
Just needed to rant, that is all! Xx
And breath......
I know how u feel hun I am far from skinny but ppl have said 2 me oh ur going b massive I think it s rude n no need 4 it !!!!!! n yes ur pregnant nt fat

hi tanya,
strange isn't it? i've had exactly the same experience since i told work last week. Certain people seem obsessed with negative comments as well as 'you're going to get fat', i've also had the whole thing about hard work, 'you'll be covered in baby sick' and sleeplessness - as if i don't know i've had 2 children already!

(my rant over)

just remember the wonderful positive things hun!

clara xxx

Totally sympathise I'm a size 8/10 and one of my friends is rather large and she kept saying u r going to get fat and saying my belly will be bigger than hers. She also kept telling me that I will never get my figure back and that we will eventually be able to swap clothes!!! I can take a joke and each to their own but I try to stay in shape, I do sometimes eat crap though. Like u my body has done what it likes for my daughter, I do have a stretched belly but it's for a reason that I like. People can be whatever shape or size they want but it annoys me that they can say stuff about us getting bigger but god forbid we say something about their size.

All balls down to jelousy! xx

All balls down to jelousy! xx

It does doesn't it, I just don't get it. I would never say anything like that to someone!
Oh well I suppose it will be the first of many negative comments!

Tanya - that sounds like a well deserved rant to me! Lol. I'm surprised you bit your tongue, with these hormones raging I'm a complete cow to anyone who dare say a wrong word to me. Normally I have a fair degree of patience and avoid conflict at all costs, but this pregnancy is allowing me to say balls to everyone! Go on, say something next time and then blame it on the hormones! :lol:

Ugh, people have said this to me too!
I'm a size 8-10 normally but I'm 6-8 now since being so sick.
I went to visit the girls in the office I used to work in, and there's 1 bitch (who has always been heavy, but heavier since having 2 babies) who was like 'omg ur gonna be out a fortune buying loads of new clothes, ull never be that skinny again!'
But I am also a bitch, so I replied with 'I don't see any reason why I won't be skinny again because I've always looked after my weight. And just because SOME people struggle to get their figure back, doesn't mean I will!'
Ugh, bitch!

Rant. Over! Lol x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

This is what my SIL kindly keeps telling me

'Look at my jelly belly, this is what you're gonna get'

NO IT ISN'T!!

Screw them I say!

I will wear my big belly, stretch marks and anything else pregnancy throws at me with pride and I will not be ashamed or embarassed!

I am having a baby- a baby that I am growing and nurturing as we speak, and that from the second I got my BFP, my whole existence was dedicated to and I will embrace every part of that wonderful journey whole heartedly!

I will not allow anyone to cheapen this amazing experience with ignorant stupid comments!

I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A BUMP!! :)

Ok, could someone please help me down off my soap box now...

:)

XX

We want our bumps nowwwwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!!!!

Tanya you are waaaay too nice. I'd would say what Jay said to the woman in the office. Some people think they have the right to say whatever they want but in reality couldn't take it back. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!!!

Some people are just soooo negative, don't let them rain on your parade.

Ladies i totally understand and i think its horrible what some people say. I was between a size 8-10 before becoming pregnant and im all bump and eating like a pig. Yes my bum has got big but i call it my scaffolding to hold my bump.
Like ive said i might not get my figure back straight away but i will try. Joys of having a baby in June is that the weather should be alright so i can go walking with the pram. Expecting your body to go back to normal is a possibility but not straight away.
Dnt take ti to heart xxx

Lmao @ ur scaffolding comment! That's brilliant x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

lol it was my mum who said it to me the other day i creased up... she calls me the hungry hippo coz of my appetite didnt have one before baby now i cant stop, luckily i do alot of walking x

When i told my sister i was pregnant her first comment was " ha,ha,you're going to be fat at my wedding!" My good old mum quickly replied that i wouldnt be fat I'd be providing a safe,comfy place for my beautiful baby to grow! And she is right. Personally i think a lot of the time people who make these type of comments are just jealous! I got my figure back in no time after i had my daughter and although im a good few years older now i dont see why i cant do it again. And even if i dont, who cares, i would rather have my beautiful baby than my size 10 figure!

Suprised you managed to keep quiet! I keep getting comments about how fat i'm going to get!... I wasn't small before i got pregnant was a size 14. At 14 weeks i've now started getting a bit of a bump, My work shirts and pretty baggy anyway so you don't notice. But me and my OH went out for dinner last night so put a tighter top on instantly when i went downstairs my brother went 'oh you are getting fat now'... I kindly replied i was pregnant not fat!.. Although i do have to admit at the moment it is that sort of, 'has she gained weight or is she pregnant' stage so it doesn't bother me to much because i know i'm pregnant not just getting fatter!
Can't wait to have a proper bump!! :)
I think we should be proud of our bumps, so what if it takes time to get back to our original figure afterwards we will have the best gift in the end.

Screw them I say!

I will wear my big belly, stretch marks and anything else pregnancy throws at me with pride and I will not be ashamed or embarassed!

I am having a baby- a baby that I am growing and nurturing as we speak, and that from the second I got my BFP, my whole existence was dedicated to and I will embrace every part of that wonderful journey whole heartedly!

I will not allow anyone to cheapen this amazing experience with ignorant stupid comments!

I CAN'T WAIT TO HAVE A BUMP!! :)

Ok, could someone please help me down off my soap box now...

:)

XX

Totally agree, if I get a mummy tummy, I will wear it as my badge of honour. I will work hard to get my figure back but if it doesn't happen then I will accept that I have something far more valuable - my baby.

There's no way I'm going to watch what I eat while pregnant, what baby wants baby gets! xx

I'm getting married in July and will be 30 weeks at my wedding I know a few who will be very happy that I won't be in my dream dress which I might add I have bought and worked my ass off to fit into. But do you know what sod the lot of them I will be over the moon to have my bump as I have waited so long for it. I have found a lush maternity wedding dress so in your face haters lol x

In yo face!!! Haters gonna hate!!! Oh I've come over all Jerry Springer lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back