Grrr! Work issues!!!

KirstyLeigh88

Reaction score
Sorry girls I need to rant, if I don't I think I may explode!

To cut a long story short, I work in a custody suite, where due to my bean being on the way, I am not allowed prisoner contact due to the risks etc (actually really happy with the way work are with this!) We work very closely with the police, and there is one member of police staff that hates me working a shift with him as he knows I can't go out on the wing so to speak, so I work on our administration desk which is what every shift does, administration desk and staff out on the wings- well today he made me feel about an inch tall, saying I wasn't a proper member of staff etc (BTW I am the manager for the non police staff) and put his foot down until he got his way and I was taken off shift and returned to my manager job. I think I am annoyed at the way he treated me and not only this, but the way that his managers gave into him afree his little two year old tantrum.

Grrr. I hope everyone else is having a better time of it at work. I put a sign up on my office door counting down until baby's due date just to make me feel better after all that!

Any way, 14 weeks until due date, 11 until maternity leave (well come Friday it will be!)

That sounds ridiculous, why did it effect him so much. Hope ur ok, will you be ok when your back in ur old role? Xx

I will be fine, I will be able to have contact and fulfil the role like all of my staff do! Just starting to feel discriminated against by him as it is the second time he has been like this with me!

Really seems like discrimination to be honest! Wellfrig him, he'll never know the joys of growing a hunan inside him, just something we get to feel!

That's grounds for a grievance if ever I've seen one!
I wouldn't let him get away with that, what's he going to do when another pregnant woman comes in? I would really consider taking that further. I too work for the police & there is no way they'll look lightly on something like that. That man needs to be taught a lesson. A lesson in not messing with a pregnant woman!!

Haha. I have a meeting with my boss and his boss tomorrow, and his boss is not happy whatsoever with his behaviour. He was in today and ignored me completely! So all more evidence to go with tomorrow!

Definitely discrimination, I'm livid on your behalf!!
Let us know how the meeting goes, would love to be a fly on the wall!x

Well meeting didn't go ahead today as planned due to unforseen circs, but it is rescheduled for next week! His boss is really really not happy with his behaviour and wants it ending now, so all positive so far!

Glad his boss can see how awful he's being. Sounds like it'll get sorted out, even if he continues to ignore you (no loss from the sounds of it!) hopefully the comments will be stamped out.

What an awful man, I'm lucky, non of my male colleagues will let me do anything they all want to protect me and my unborn babies ... I think that man needs a disciplinary though x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back