growth spurts

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by keli, Dec 12, 2007.

1. keli

keli Well-Known Member

:wave:

Hello there ladies hope all is well with you all.

Was just wondering do you feel alot more hormonal when going through a growth spurt?.. believe i'm due one now and feeling very argumentative (sp) at the moment. OH is getting it bad!! xx

2. DebbieM

DebbieM Well-Known Member

I think perhaps we do. I usually get worried about new aches and pains and I think that my worries are worse than they usually would be because your hormones are all over the place. Saying that though, I wouldn't say I am or have been overly hormonal throughout this pregnancy really.

Matt may say different LOL

3. Tillytots

Tillytots Well-Known Member

haha I know when the hormones are flowing as I get mental :D you get a huge growth spurt at 16 weeks for the next 3 weeks I think :think:

4. littlepip

littlepip Well-Known Member

I started absolutely bawling my eyes out at jeremy kyle earlier when there was a father daughter reunion. Think i am having a growth spurt as my belly has grown an inch in the last week even tho i dont feel the difference

5. soverign

soverign Well-Known Member

Ha ha!! I watched that and did exactly the same thing!! Had to go in the other room actually coz I was so bad!!

6. Geordie&Bairn

Geordie&Bairn Well-Known Member

I was on top of the world yesterday bouncing of the wall like a demented puppy. Today i was like a bear with a sour head i felt very agitated and annoyed about everything. I was very active yesterday today i felt like lying down and having a sleep :sleep: ,.Felt very very stressed i swear my blood pressure was off the chart :x . I actully turned on my Enya cd lay on the floor and asked the kids at work to do the same. They had been driving me crazy all day :twisted: :wall: ( XMAS FEEVER) We all practiced sinking in to the floor and letting the music wash over you breathing in and out slow and deep. VERY COMICAL i know :rotfl: :rotfl: but at the time it kept me sane. The children found it amusing so it worked and i did help me calm down :)
    Sarah

7. Bloom

Bloom Well-Known Member

Sounds like fun geordie lass. :D

Whens the next big growth spurt i had a big one at around 17-19 weeks lots of growing pains and mood swings. I need to warn my oh when the next one is. :think:

8. keli

keli Well-Known Member

Think your right tillytots growth spurt for next 3 wks.. bumb already quiet big! shopping for clothes for me on day off :) Ive been pretty mental all way through :roll: might need to warn everyone!! Thanks for your reply ladies xx

9. Tegala-7thMarch08

Tegala-7thMarch08 Well-Known Member

i dnt really notice growth spurts lol i no they happen but i dont no wen :)

10. Suzie and Faith

Suzie and Faith Well-Known Member

I'm getting the hormonal thing. Especially today. I've cried so much.
    My mum works in a school and she asked me to go in and watch the schools xmas play to help fill the hall. I agreed. I cried when i saw the xmas tree. I cried when they played a cd of xmas songs, before the xmas show even started.
    The show was hidieous really (tho the poor kids didn't know that), yet i cried and cried. And i got emotional when afterwards someone asked if i wanted sugar in my tea.

Xmas shopping, every cute thing made my eyes fill up. In fact everything did. Amusing for everyone else, distressing for my make-up and contact lenses!

11. timsmom

timsmom Well-Known Member

The last few weeks have been so emotional for me. I cry every day at least. Usually at moms when i go to pick my son up. It can be cos I had a bad day at work, cos I left my iron at my sisters, cos I haven't written my Xmas cards yet......you name it and away I go. Poor Tim wonders what the hell is going on. I keep telling him its just cos I'm pregnant but the poor little sod is a real worrier. Mental note....do not cry in front of TIm.

I only hope I don't get PND again as if I do my son will leave home!!

12. debecca

debecca Well-Known Member

Agree with Tilly about the 16-19 weeks thing, although I can be emotional pretty much any time I was diabolical then.

I had a great day two days ago after my mammoth 14-hour sleep, but then was RAAAAAAAAA :evil: yesterday all day and really miserable. I didn't even know why!

Feel a bit better today. Hormones are funny!

13. foxred

foxred Well-Known Member

I notice I feel knackered when bubs is having a growth spurt, normally have heaps of energy but this week (week 26) I can barely drag my ass out of bed in the morning!

Oh and I have been perstering OH for sex a lot as well, which according to my best friend (nurse) is a sign it is a boy as boy babies have a testosterone surge in week 26 :oops: