Growth Spurts?

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by twinkle90, Apr 13, 2016.

1. twinkle90

twinkle90 Well-Known Member

At what point do these happen? How can you tell? DD2 is 6 weeks d x

2. tilliewoo

tilliewoo Well-Known Member

You should get the app the wonder weeks. It shows all leaps and growth spurts.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

3. tilliewoo

tilliewoo Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Shows when they enter them and finish them based on baby's due date not birth date. Works of brain development from conception and is scary it's that accurate.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

4. kumber

kumber Well-Known Member

Wonder Weeks unfortunately doesn't show growth spurts, only developmental leaps.

I believe the big growth spurts are around 6 weeks, 4 months, 6 months, 9 months, possibly 12 months, 18 months and around 2yo. Some coincide with leaps and some don't, the 4 months spurt for example is huge and also coincides with a vile leap that involves LOTS of fussiness.

It's truly wonderful :lol:

5. MrsS15

MrsS15 Well-Known Member

Growth spurts can happen almost 2 weekly in the first 2 months, unfortunately :lol: Then around 3 months and 6 months. They usually involve fussiness - wanting held more and cuddled more, some sleep a lot more to fuel their growth and others wake a lot. There's also feeding spurts which is different but is closely related! xx

6. BunnyN

BunnyN Well-Known Member

I think every baby is different. I found mine always ate a lot leading up to a growth spurt, looked tubbier and then suddenly got taller and slimmer.