Growth spurt?

leah02

Reaction score
Hi, I was wondering if anyone can help as I cant get hold of my HV until tomorrow. My Lg is 10 weeks old and breastfed, she hasn't been poop since Tuesday. Normally she will go a couple of times a day so this is just weird. She isn't in any pain or discomfort, her usual smiley self but just no bowel movements. Is this normal for bf babies at this point?
Thanks in advance xxx

I believe it can be normal for breastfed babies to only poo once a week but I think all babies are different so there's no normal as such. It's obviously a change for her but if she's happy in herself and doesn't seem in any discomfort I wouldn't be too concerned. If she does become uncomfortable an ounce of cooled boiled water and bicycling legs has always helped my lo to go. Definitely speak to your health visitor though to be safe xx

Exactly what browneyed girl said. Breastfed babies can go up to a week without a bowel movement, expect an explosion when it comes! But if your worried speak to hv

Thank you ladies, you guys are right...she has gone down to being a once a week baby. All normal it seems!
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back