Growth scan- measuring big

tilly16

Reaction score
Hi Ladies, I know this will probably be different for everyone but interested to hear what your plan of action is if you have one.

I had a growth scan last Wednesday and the babies tummy was measuring above the 95th centile head and thigh were above average. I have been referred for another scan on the 3rd July when I will be 37+5.

I saw the midwife today (not my normal midwife) and I asked her what would happen if the baby was still measuring big, she just said nothing and that there would just be a quicker get out clause so they would go for vaginal birth but if the baby appeared to be getting stressed or stuck they wouldn't keep trying they would take me for a section.

I was under the impression from the consultant that if the baby was still big they would induce me early to give me the best chance of a vaginal birth.

Just wondering what your midwife/ consultant has said?

xxx

I thought the same as at 36wks Noah came out with these measurments...
BPD 39+6!!
HC 37+6
AC 38+5
FL 39+3

But they were not concerned!?

I do have a consultant app on my due date but i was only referred cos of reduced movement not from his growth results.
So i think they just look at me being 6ft and think yeaaaah 10/11lber shell have no problem lmao!

They only talked about induction regarding the reduced movements with me.

So looks like stitches are coming my way!!!! :shock: xx

I only ended up with the scan because I has been in with reduced movements aswell Dani! I had just got the impression from the consultant that they may induce me before my due date because he said we will check your results and then discuss what happens next. I cant remember my exact measurements and notes are in the other room (not that im lazy lol!) but estimated weight at 34+3 was 6lb6ozs so I guess stitches are coming my way too xx

Yeah when they said we are referring you to consultant led i thought.. well why!?
Scans came out fine, no1 is bothered by his weight, my health, traces all normal.
So i saw the consultant for the whole 10mins for her to say 'where do you want to give birth?' i said midwifery led in a birthing pool hopefully!

And she wrote in my notes no longer consultant led, can give birth in MLC providing no further reduced movement.
So very pointless lol!
and i asked her 3 times about his size and she said well look at you both.. your really tall!
Sooooo hopefully hell get fed up of getting big and having no room and hell want out before 40wks :D lolol x

Mine weren't concerned either Hun said I could go ten days over due date and my baby measured 6lb10 at 34+5 I have growth scans due to gestational diabetes though xx

Thanks ladies, I just assumed from what the consultant had said they would do something if bubs was still chunky! Maybe it was just wishful thinking on my part haha! :) xx

Same here, at 36+2 baby estimated at 7lb 6oz!! They weren't concerned...maybe because they're not the ones pushing! ;-) lol xx

Tapatalking. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back