Growing a "giant" baby!!!

ForestLas80

Reaction score
Fin had his 6 week check Yest and was weighed... He has put on 14oz this week and is 12lb exactly!! Also he is v long at 59cm and is in 90-something percentile for length. :shock: St this rate of growth he will be a stone over the next few weeks and probs b4 10 weeks!! I am solely boobie feeding and worried I might not be able to sustain this growth rate til we wean him. Saying that he Is feeding well (15-20mins) approx 2-3 hours dsytine and 4-6.5 hours through night. U can't overfeed a baby esp a bf one?? Maybe he'll just be like his dad- 6ft3 or 4-haven't measured properly and I will be dwarfed by my son before he's 10!!

I remember asking this question 2! Kynon is the same and bf and on 98th percentile for weight and length and still is but he's even more greedy now and still feeds every 2 hours or so day and night. 3~6 month clothes barely fit him now and his adjusted age is only 3 months! His dad is 6ft 5 and big 2. You can't over feed them they will only take what they need unfortunatly its a lot!

Thanks for your reply Sarah, glad it's not just me that is growing a giant ;-) have u ever thought to combo feed your little man to give him a bit more of what he needs? I don't want to if I can help it and would like to bf for the whole babyhood but maybe a few bottles of formula could help me out when he's older esp I his feeds r quite close together or he doesn't sleep through the night later on .

Owen was in the 50th percentile when he was checked t maybe 4 months old haven't had him checked for ages due to working when the hv r available!! but since weaning he looks like a proper chunky monkey and e has gown own in length too!! X

Thanks for your reply Sarah, glad it's not just me that is growing a giant ;-) have u ever thought to combo feed your little man to give him a bit more of what he needs? I don't want to if I can help it and would like to bf for the whole babyhood but maybe a few bottles of formula could help me out when he's older esp I his feeds r quite close together or he doesn't sleep through the night later on .

He won't take a bottle unfortunately as I'd love a night off for some sleep or even a night out, my boobs def need a rest! One the upside he's a great weight loss aid lol! I wouldn't want to combo feed, it's not for me but I'd like him to take expressed milk I have loads in the freezer! We're working on cup feeding now instead. Best advice I could give is regularly give the bottle with expressed milk I left it 10 days and he's never taken it again.

Oh thanks Sarah, good advise. He had an expressed bottle this am as I had my hair cut and coloured :) bliss!!! Will make sure we give him more bottles of expressed to make sure he keeps accepting them. I will get my freezer store of expressed topped up then.
Sorry to hear your little man won't take bottles and u r not getting time to yourself. You r doing a fab job though by the sounds xxx

Hello - i think i posted something similar when Tom was six weeks. Between 91 and 95%ile for height and weight.

It sounds like Finley is doing really well with his feeding - well done! Six weeks is when BF gets so much better/easier.

I had TP checked the other day and he's down to 75%ile...which is good, cause my arms and back were starting to hurt!! He was exclusively BF untl refently when i start to wean. He wasn't going through the night. He loves his food and it was definitely the right time.

Keep up the good work :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back