Growh at 27 weeks ?

Pregnot

Reaction score
Does anyone know if there is a particular growth spurt around 27 weeks? I've tried looking online but can't see anything

baby been quieter than normal for last 2 days - he's still moving etc but just noticeably quieter as he's normally kicking through me :)

I read today that babies are most active between 24 and 28 weeks and after that they start to run out of space and can't do the kind of movements they used to do, so you don't feel them as strongly. These things are always a rough estimate, so whether this happens at 27 weeks or 29 weeks, it's probably all very normal. However, if you're worried and your instinct is telling you to get checked, then get checked! Always best to put your mind at rest rather than worrying :)

Last edited:
I'm not sure if there is a growth spurt at this time but I'm fairly sure that they do! Mine kept having quite days between 27-28 weeks and I was worrying loads! But every hospital trip they assured me she's fine :) have something real sugary to try and wake baby up :) mine dances with icing! Also, I've the last few weeks she seems to have scone a lot more noticeable to me, so maybe it is a bit of growth at this time!xx

Yea he is moving just not getting the big thuds I usually do, normally tummy bouncing all over the place.

I'm not overly concerned as he is moving just not as obvious as normal , il see how I get on tomorrow
just had a big drink so that should get wriggle pants going

Yeah I've had a couple of quieter days around 27/28 weeks. Bit like you, she's still moving but just not as much and not as often. But then she has days when she doesn't stop. My me said as long as they're moving on 10 separate occasions within 24 hours then all should be fine. It's always a worry tho even tho she's still moving, strange patterns I suppose :) x

That's good to hear u have had the same then yea he's defo moved more than 10 times in 24 hours

Maybe he's having a rest surely his little legs get tired kicking me all day? haha

I had the same thing at the beginning of the week pregnot. she went quiet and only gentle movement. compared to whay she was going. However last two days and especially today. she back full force and my whole belly is moving. I was starting to worry but all is well. I'm sure ur going through the same xx

perhaps baby has changed position mine flipped breech at this point went in with reduced movement and scan confirmed it.

Yes that's another thing my me said, even though they're a lot bigger they're still small enough to turn over and kick towards your back instead which feel much smaller. We'll be complaining when they're constantly kicking us in our ribs :) x

I had a very quiet few days at the start of tri 3 and again last weekend xx

Sent from my GT-I9300

glad to hear I'm not the only one then :)

Maybe he has little changed position yea I never thought that?

My lo went quiet for a couple of days.. then lots of movement when I went to mw bump had grown lots xx

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I had a few quiet days at around 24 weeks. I went to the day unit to be checked and all was good. I put it down to having had a 2 week holiday and then returned to work and the change in routine caused less movement. I could still feel baby, but not as frequently and it was a lot lighter. I was worried about being a bit of a time waster by going in, but they said I'd done the right thing to get checked and if in doubt again, to come back. The one thing I will say is my midwife has stressed the 10 moves in a day idea is no longer the advice they give as if you're used to 50+ movements then only 10 movements is something that should be looked into. It's whatever pattern you recognise and then if it changes.

When I was 26 weeks it was very quiet, barely felt anything at all, and then I felt like my bump grew, so id say its probably growth spurt time!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back