Group physiotherapy

Lou1103

Reaction score
Hi :)

Has anyone been to group physio? I've been having pain in my coccyx (though since discussing with the midwife, it seems much better weirdly)... Anyway Apparently it's group physio, and for some reason that puts me off.. Is it just going to be things i can find on google/youtube? I thought it'd be like an actual appointment, not sure it's worth going xxx

Last edited:
Yes mine was.
It was a 121 app first to identify where it hurts and recommended a belt and slidey bed sheet to help turn in bed.

Then i had a block class.
It was more like a mini pilaties class! Felt like i was warming up for a PE lesson lol!
There wasnt many in the class, had a mat and wedge pillow on the floor.
Ive had PGP in both pregnancies. I didn't find help at all this time so stopped going.

Maybe look at a chiropractor as ive found this has helped alot more xx

Last edited:
I had exactly the same as we're under the same hospital, I don't know if it was the physio exercises or the pregnancy yoga I have been going to since 13 weeks but my back is much better than our was xx

I had a group appt. It was a complete waste of time. It was more just a lecture on the changes occuring to the body (which I was already fully aware of) and a bunch of leaflets we could take it we wanted to with info on support belts and exercises.

It would all depend on the area it would seem!

YeH that's what I'm worried about copterpops!
I'll have to get a bus there and back and apparently it takes 1 1/2 - 2 hours and if it's just things i already know I can't be bothered. Do they let you borrow the belts/pillows? xx

They don't give you anything here anymore, but NHS Scotland might be different. Maybe worth phoning them and asking what to expect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back