Group B Strep

eclairef

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

I just wondered what your thoughts are on Group B Strep testing? I've sent away for a test kit and will do the test around 36 weeks. Is anyone else planning on testing?

For anyone that's had their baby already and did the test that came out positive, was everything arranged for antibiotics during labour?

Hi Ladies

I just wondered what your thoughts are on Group B Strep testing? I've sent away for a test kit and will do the test around 36 weeks. Is anyone else planning on testing?

For anyone that's had their baby already and did the test that came out positive, was everything arranged for antibiotics during labour?

Hiya I had it with my first and yes I was given antibiotics in labour. My little girl was monitored for try first 24 hours every couple hours or so (temp taken etc) and she was perfectly fine.
This time I was told I will be treated as though I have it again although I haven't been tested for it with this pregnancy. x

I've got my kit and will test in 3 weeks and pass on the info to my midwife team. I wil let you know how mine goes x

I just had the results back from my private test and its positive so I'll need IV antibiotics during delivery and continuous monitoring during delivery which means no water birth and being on the doctor led unit. But I'm glad I found out, even if it's not going to be the delivery I imagined.

I had it first time and was given iv antibiotics and monitored after and everything was grand.

This time I was told I wouldn't routinely be tested or treated the same which I was shocked at! Requested they test me after 36 weeks but even then it can still come and go. Might sound bad but I would rather it came back positive and I could get treated properly, than Come back negative and be worried I still could have it! I'm looking forward to a mw led water birth if it comes back negative tho!

Im going to be sending off a sample privately at 36/37wks. Its only about £35.

As the MW also said they would not test. Mine wasn't detected before labour.. But at my 6week PP check when I asked my gp to send off swabs after she looked at my stitches.

My LB was fine luckly and I guess i'll never know if i had it in labour.
Im hoping it comes bk negative as I do want to attempt my waterbirth again which i had to abandon last time..

We shall see though!!!

Here where you can get tested yourself: http://www.groupbstreptest.co.uk

Hope it comes bk neg hun so u dnt need anything in labour xx

I'm not testing however when I had my first baby he was swabbed due to me having him 25 hours after waters had broken and me having a temp in labour and it came back he had it on his skin. So I am treated for it regardless in labour. 2nd baby was swabbed and had antibiotics but results came back clear. I have to have antibiotics in labour but hoping to have a water birth as long as everything progresses ok! Mw did send off a sample at the beginning of this pg which came back clear. I totally agree with women being routinely tested as I'd never heard of it before having my 1st x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back