Grobags/sleep bags?

Vic27

Reaction score
What are ur thoughts on these ladies? I have bought a few for my little man for when he's older but I'm thinking bout getting some for when he's born as I've heard good things about them and u can get them in the sale at reasonable prices! Has anyone used them or going to? X

I am not using them at the newborn stage as the baby can burrow down in them and it covers their face. Too risky with SIDS in my opinion. They are good for when 5/6 months when the baby starts kicking blankets off. I am going to use cellular blankets as easier to check baby's temperature and remove/add a layer if too hot/cold.

There is so much conflicting advice online one min it says its better for SIDS and then I've heard people saying they can burrow down into then but I thought that would have been difficult as they fasten at the shoulders too I'm in two minds now x

Im planning on using cellular blankets at first then will try using the sleeping bags when his head is big enough for him not to slip down inside. I suppose it depends on size of baby really, if his head is big enough not to slip inside they should be ok.

I've only bought one in each tog as two of my friends said their babies hated them so didnt want to get loads, but most have used them successfully so will be giving them a go :)

I've heard you shouldn't use them for newborns and they should be a certain age or weight before you do use them so I'm prob gonna get them for when she is about 3 - 6 months for the chillier weather. I've bought a swaddle blanket for my lo but there is also conflicting advice about these and whetehr you should swaddle baby or not. It's all so confusing isn't it ?? xx

I started using our sleeping bag for my lil man at 10wks xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

Yeah so confusing I take it the cellular blankets are good cos they are lighter and have holes in them? I'm so clueless with this kinda stuff its my first baby and I'm just so unsure I'm so scared I put my baby at risk x

Dont worry we all feel like that x
Cellular blanket s are good for early stage x
Currently tho as its sooo warm quinn is sleeping in a sleepsuit no vest and a cellular blanket but its usually next to him when I go in to feed him in the night xx

Quinns proud mammy xx Tapatalking xx

When is your baby due?

I'd be inclined to save the gro bags for cooler weather. I didn't use them in the summer for my first as it was too hot even for a one tog. She'd sleep in just a sleepsuit, or go to bed in a nappy and then I'd put a sleepsuit on her when I went to bed.

I think most of my sleeping bags have a minimum weight advised on the label. I honestly can't remember when I started using them but they are really great for breastfeeding at night in the colder months as you're not taking them out of a nice warm bed.

----------------
baby giz born 6th Feb 2011
next one due 12th Aug 2013

I think they need to be about 8.7lb before you can use them. I've been using a 1.0 tog for Evan (since 5 weeks) as he is a kicker lol! It's a Gro one and it zips up at the front. There is no way he can burrow down into it and he sleeps very well in it xx

We didn't use Gro-bags until James was well over the weight (I think they need to be 8lb 8oz?)

xxxx

My LO is still too small for growbags at the moment. As its been warm hes been in just a sleepsuit no vest and cellular blanket but hes a sod and kicks his covers off all the time so can wait till i can use the grow bags i have x

I have 3 but will use cellular blankets for a while 1st xx

I am not using them at the newborn stage as the baby can burrow down in them and it covers their face. Too risky with SIDS in my opinion. They are good for when 5/6 months when the baby starts kicking blankets off. I am going to use cellular blankets as easier to check baby's temperature and remove/add a layer if too hot/cold.

I used them from about 1 or 2 months- they are far safer than just blankets, as they are either poppered or zipped on shoulders, so they cannot furrow into them in my opinion.

My boy always kicked covers off and it woke him up, so these made sure he was always warm and he slept longer. Just make sure u get ones that have the arms that have extea poppers under the armpits which stops them wriggling under

We've bought a grobag, but probably won't use it until at least 3 months. I just plan on folding the blankets down far enough and having baby at the end of the moses basket so that they can't burrow down. Think I read this advice somewhere! There is so much different advice out there- confusing!!

Your advised not to use them below 3 months of age, due to risks of SIDS, I used them from when my son was 3 months old, they are so worth it. I never used them with my first, but i wish I had would of been easier in the long run. As for using blankets go for it, and most places you can't get them below 3 months of age anyway.
They also if you look around do have different togs for weather changes. I have 1.5tog and a 2.5 tog. My son is only a year but he's in the 18-24 month growbags, he can stand up and crawl in them. They are brilliant hun, but If i were you, I'd only use them from when baby can be in them, and there head can't easily be brought through the hole for the nec. plus there are also ones that have clips for under the arms to adjust the tightnest to reduce risks of SIDS.

hope this helps and best I found for price are asda and matalan x x x

i bought a gro bag today a 1 tog because its soo warm in our house i have a gro egg right next to his basket though, i also have the gro swaddle but will probs use that during the day and use cellular for night time until he reaches 9 pounds xx

I used them from day 1 with my son and will do the same this time. Because of the way they fasten, you cannot burrow into them. The one's we got from Mamas and Papas weren't as long as some of the others you get, although there is enough room in them for movement.

X

There is a minimum weight for them 8lb or 9lb I think. In my opinion they are miles better than blankets as they can't be kicked off or go over LOs head. I used them from about 4 weeks with F xxx

I used them from the day we got home from hospital, but he was a 9lb 6oz baby so well above the weight. He didn;t like blankets, didn;t like being swaddled but seemed to like the sleeping bags. I have them ready for this one too as he seems to be around the same size as Leo was at 20 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back