Gro clock- your thoughts?

Lauren84

Reaction score
I've posted a few times about my son (2 and a half) getting up at silly o clock. He's been a decent sleeper until after Christmas. He's up 2-4timea a night and wanting to come into our bed.

I thought about maybe getting the gro clock, but wondered if any of you use it? X

Yes, we have used one since my son was two and it has just been fantastic! Couldn't recommend it enough :)

Same! Can't be without it now. We've had it since jack was about 2 and although it took a few months to really grasp the idea, now he doesn't get out of bed 'until the clock is lellow!'
I like how we can adjust the time if he's had a late night so he still gets enough sleep in the morning xxx

Oh yes we got one for our DD just before Christmas and she doesn't get out of be until "the sunshine"....this morning I was up before the sunshine was on her clock and she made me get in bed with her until it had come one :)

We have only been using ours for a few nights and it seems to be working... If it doesn't work they have a great resale value on eBay anyway! xx

We have only been using ours for a few nights and it seems to be working... If it doesn't work they have a great resale value on eBay anyway! xx

Isit working!!! I need to try!! Lol x

Sounds like I need to invest in one!! Thanks ladies, I hope it bloody works lol x

Well it didn't work last night :-/ we will persevere tho. x

Becky Joe have you got on with it? I finally got one today, so far he's just too bloody interested in it �� X

We use one and it really works. We've used it along side a reward chart. They are awesome, definetly worth it

My son took about two weeks or so to fully adjust to it. We started slowly setting the clock close to his natural wake up time then pushed it back as he got used to it. If he got up before the clock or made the sunshine come up himself then we'd take him back to his room to wait for sunshine. After a month it was working like a dream. Now we set the sunshine for a lie-in once a week - love it!

Seems to working OK for us now... Comes in shouting sun is up :) we set it for 7.30 and he's been sleeping until about 8 - sounds better than it is as I also have a 3mth old who doesn't wait for the sun to come up ;-) xx

Oh good, well it was the first night last night, and he got to his normal 5.15 wake up and come in to us, I took him back twice but he started calling me so I stayed with him until the sun came up then just to make sure he sees it (i set it for 6am). I'll persevere though, it seems to work for most people. I find it's quite bright as well though he didn't seem to mind it xx

Maybe set the clock for 5:20 to start with - just so he gets used to it and understands it? My son used to wake at 6, the clock is now at 7:30 after gradually moving the wake time later by 10 minutes every week or so.

Yea I did think of doing little by little, although he's just too interested in it, he was pressing the button this morning which brings the sun up �� X

I think there is a way you can lock it to stop them playing with it and changing it. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back