Gripe water...does anyone else....?

Does anyone else think it smells good enough to drink :oops:
I have just given Damien some and my mouth is watering for it :shock: :shock: :oops:
Normal or preg related?! LOL

I've always loved the smell, used to nick a bit when I babysat my cousin years ago :D

LOL glad it's not just me.
Would it make me burp too if I drank some???? :shock: :shock: :lol:

Hmm not too sure, will have a go next time I need to burp (though saying that am belching like a right pig lately so am ok in that department). x

LOL

I find that when I wind Damien I burp too (or more like belch) . Must get more ladylike one of these days lol!!

I keep telling Seren that its rude to trump 9she is a right thunderpants at the mo). Of course she does not get that from my side of the family :D

Damien is too - makes me giggle feeling him rumbling away on my lap!

Hello

I dont like the smell maybe its cuz your preg but some people do like it.
Dare you to try it lol.
Katrina

Apparently, Gripe water mixed with gin used to be quite a popular tipple :)

It used to be 4.4% alcohol too!

I thought it smelled ok tried a bit then changed my mind, it was not nice! Which might explain why he pulls faces sometimes when i give it to him!

i think it smells horrible! lol

while we on this subject tho, it says on the box that you can only give it with a feed, but if your baby is colicy in the evenings, do you think its ok to give it to tehm on its own?
it really helps to bring wind up but its not always at feed times he has trouble with it

I always give it to Rubie if she has hiccups (tip from Yvonne) and it stops them instantly. She's always been ok afterwards so I assume it's ok???

Rubie loves it, she licks her lips when I give it to her lol

ah great, thanks for that kim, Coby gets hiccups alot and he hates them, gets really grumpy

Hasn't got a very long shelf life though has it - use within 14 days of opening....bit of a pain.

I know!! How pants is that??!! I would never use a full bottle in 2 weeks, does anyone keep it longer? I have to throw mine out on Tuesday :(

Never kept it - I guess the guideline is there for a good reason. I got a bottke when Damo just turned a month, used it once then he went onto loats of meds etc and i didnt use it afterwards! Wasted.

Used to love it as a kid... used to nick it when mom wasn't looking. It's been taken off the market here though...

Sue

My HV said it only lasts for 2 weeks as it doesnt work as good after that!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back