Greetings!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Geshtinanna, Sep 9, 2019.

1. Geshtinanna

Geshtinanna Member

I am new to trying to conceive at all. I am 32 years old and just married. We have only been trying to conceive for about a month, but I'm already unnaturally concerned due to my age and some family history. It's only four or five days past my first ovulation, so I am a bit of an over planner. It's already been difficult for me to adapt to the uncertainty of this process.

2. chattychar1990

chattychar1990 Well-Known Member

Sorry to break it to you hun but it takes a healthy couple around 6-12 months to conceive. Your age isn't a big factor at all. You are still young!
    My advice would be to relax, getting yourself stressed after a month is going to make this process alot longer!

3. Geshtinanna

Geshtinanna Member

Oh, I don't disagree. I was making fun of myself a bit. My only examples of pregnancy in real life come from my husband's family who have all conceived on the first try over multiple generations and my family where over half of the women either chose not to have children or couldn't. Not the most realistic standard of comparison in either direction.

I'll probably stop being so ridiculous about it once I'm used to my new routine.