Green poo

i.love

Reaction score
Hi ladies,

Little George keeps making greenish poos. I know this can be normal occasionally for a breasted baby, but he has them at least once every evening (and a couple of normal ones during the day). It has been like hat for about 2 weeks now. Do you think I should be worried?....

Hey hun....my LO has green ones quite often too! HV said it can be a sign of tummy ache but I'm not convinced as LO never cries with tummy ache and we keep her well winded! It doesn't seem to bother her so I dont worry too much!

HTH xx

Sent from my sparkly new 4s!!!

It doesn't seem to bother him either... I don't think it tummy ache - its too regular (every evening, but not during the day).

Strange!

Hmmm Jack is the same..... I heard it changes colour depending on what you have eaten. I didn't realise green was bad??

Well normal poos should be yellow apparently....

I think it wouldn't be so consistent if it had something to do with my diet... I eat different meals every day! I also tried to reduce amount of dairy in my diet, but it didn't make any difference.

Owen had green poo for about 8 weeks from about 3 months old. He was perfectly happy, gained weight and didn't seem to be in pain. I drove myself mad wondering why and then all of a sudden it just stopped and his poo has been normal ever since. He is breastfed btw. I know it's not really advice but just thought it might put your mind at rest

Poppy has green poos very often (I'd say every second poo!) but again it's something the HV told me was normal (along with how runny they are!)

Kynon has been getting them this week as he's had a bad cold (man flu!) didn't have them before the cold so I thought they only got them when they weren't feeling well. Maybe all babies are different and if he's otherwise ok I'm sure you don't need to worry.

Thanks girls!

Catty and lulu_laroo that was exactly what I was hoping to hear - that this happens to oher babies and doesn't mean anyhing :)

Sarah bless hm! Wishing your little man a speedy recovery!

Green poo can be normal as long as it's occasional, but it can also be a sign that he's getting too much foremilk (the watery stuff at the start) and not enough of the fatty hindmilk. If he's not feeding for very long, or your changing sides in the middle of each fees try encouraging him to feed for a bit longer, or feed from the same side for two feeds and see if it makes a difference. We did have a few days of green poo with Toby too though, and it went back to normal mustardy yellow afterwards so you might not need to change anything x

Sam's mum thanks for your post. I did read about that and I don't think this is the case - I always feed from one breast anyway, and he eats for a long time... Plus the green poos always happen in the evening - surely if it was the foremilk/hindmilk problem, it would be constant?...

I think it would be constant. I wouldn't worry too much if he doesn't seem unwell and his weight gain is ok. They'll probably all be normal soon x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back