Great north run

lulu

Reaction score
Hi, I have signed up to do the Great north run in October :? :shock:

I cant run (do a great impression of pheobe on friends) and I am unfit and slightly overweight but Ive started to eat properly and Ive been walking more due to Gall bladder problems so I thought doing this would give me something to aim for.

Plus, Im running to raise money for Leukemia!

Anyway, I wondered if anyone else was doing it as it would be great to meet up with anyone on the day and possible train together if we live close enough.
I know its probably a long shot but thought it was worth a try!!!

Wish me luck :? :lol:

awww good luck hun!!! i deffo wont be doing it!!

i work for john grooms dont know if neone has heard of it?? its basically a charity and i do loads of things for them :)

How far is the run?

I've just signed up to do the Women's Mini Marathon here in Dublin, Ido it every year for Action Breast Cancer. It's a 10k and I don't run, I walk - along with over a million other women who do it every year. It's a great day and you get a medal at the end etc! I'm doing it for my MOM!

Sue

Hi Lulu....Where and When??????
Can you walk most of it??!!
I was going to do the race for life, it usually happens in Hull....you up for it Kim?!!

OMG forgot to ask the most important Q...How Far?????

Hello, I wont be running in the great north run!

I am planning to get fitter that I was before I got pregnant.

Can I ask Where in NOrth Yorkshire you are from Lulu?

I used to live in the Wensleydale area!

Jade

Hi,

The great north run is half a marathon...so 13 miles!! :shock:

Can I ask Where in NOrth Yorkshire you are from Lulu?

I used to live in the Wensleydale area!

I live near Richmond, a little village on the scotch corner side!. Not far from wendsleydale really.

Hi Lulu....Where and When??????
Can you walk most of it??!!

Its 1st October in Sunderland. Yes you can walk it but I will try and run as I dont want to come in last!!! I am hoping to do race for life in Darlington aswell. Will be a breeze compared to North run!!! :? :lol: :oops:

My sister used to live near Richmond, in Cattrick. Loved Richmond, so pretty there. She now lives in Darlington.

You all make me feel lazy :(

I used to live in darlington too, I work there still, when I am not on mat leave that is!!!!

I am about 20 minutes away now, but its the closest "big" town too us.

small world!

Jadie

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back