Grant Rant

As someone who arrived to UK as a spouse of a British citizen, i wasnt entitled to anything, even child benefit. My husband needed to show he is capable of taking care of both of us if i didnt find a job
I dont know why everyone thinks foreigners get benefits.
I have contributed (and keep doing so) to the pot and thats why i was entitled to antenatal and maternity care.

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Don't worry it's a little over my head too and it's my job lol
They are trying to make it all simpler because alot if problems can be caused by people claiming different bits from different places and some benefits are not to work like that.
Sometimes people claim and get A & B when they are actually only entitled to one or the other but because they come from different places and our systems are prehistoric one department doesn't know about the other one paying so effectively pays again.

We are slowing being dragged into the. 21st century but these things take alot of planning and time to change unfortunately. All anyone can do public & staff is report any possible wrong doing, our fraud department always say if they don't know about it how can they investigate & stop it or even prosecute.

Cuts should be made to the STUPID amount football players and MP's get paid! That should be shared between new mothers and armed forces! Right or wrong?

Hm, dont think MPs get that much and i didnt know footballers were paid by the government?

No, they're not but it should be cut and put down to a reasonable rate. Armed Forces and service men/women deserve it more than they do.

But footballers are not paid by the goverment therefore it has no reflection on the goverment funds. They do pay their taxes though.
I am not saying they should be paid so much but they have nothing to do with how much military guys are getting paid

Hm, dont think MPs get that much and i didnt know footballers were paid by the government?

Lol they'd better not be!! Haha, I dont see rooney living a council house ;)

MPs do get a very fair wage but they never have to spend it! its the expenses they get thay take the absolutel piss. £400 a week on lunch for one of them, one was claiming expenses for the upkeep of his farm? !?!

MP's just got their 11% payrise! Only on £74,000! :) yikes! I want a bit lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300

MP's just got their 11% payrise! Only on £74,000! :) yikes! I want a bit lol x

Sent from my GT-I9300

Lol would be nice, it's all the expenses rubbish that winds me up more :(

In what sense tinks? Do you disagree with what weve told about their expenses or it makes you mad that they rinse it so badly? (Again, not attacking but you seem to have an inside view! Whats your job if you dont mind me asking?)

I don't understand why they can claim for all that they do, if I got a job in London but wanted to stay living where I am then I wouldn't be expecting my employer to pay for me to have a 2nd home in London let alone pay for everything in it. Why should they get all the extra for doing a job THEY CHOSE to do in the first place

I work for job centre plus although we don't call it that anymore :)

totally agree tinks. thwre are reforms being processed to hopefully stop all that scandal though xx

uh yes i agree its such a joke. I'm not entitled this time round because its my second child and its for your first only but we wouldnt be entitled to it anyway. My OH works I dont as it wouldnt be worth me working right now because of the cost of childcare for my son which is so expensive. I plan on looking end of next year. We worked out we would be better off on benefits it makes me think wtf why do we bother? My son is 2 and if youre on benefits/low income you get 2 year funding nursery we cant get that his speech is delayed its ridiculous. I started a 3 week first aid course for £5 yes its only 5 but people on benefits get it free yet again. They are better off then us :-(. And the people who are on benefits at this course dress and look nicer then the people who work or whos partners work. It depresses me. I just feel people who work get punished! Of course not everyone on benefits is the same but i know so many people who have been on benefits over 10 years have no intention of a job can afford the best of things, we cant. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back