"grainy" nipples... sorry TMI!

Discussion in 'Second Trimester' started by petchy, Sep 15, 2005.

1. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

well i've been noticing for the last month and a bit that i have pale yellow "grains" on/in my nipples... :shock: looks kinda gross! after studying this phenomenon for a while i have noticed that they seem to come out of the nipple itself, rather than sitting on the surface and hence have come to the conclusion that it must be a tiny bit of colostrum that leaks out and dries to become these "grains".

it must only be a tiny tiny bit though, as nothing comes out when i squeeze gently, and there's been no wet patches on my bra so far.

it makes it sound as if i never have a shower or wash, but i do! it just doesn't come off unless i "pick" it off! sorry TMI again....!

has anyone else had this? and do you think my colostrum theory is right?

2. LouisecH

LouisecH Well-Known Member

Yes I have and I've come to the same conclusion. Makes you feel a bit crusty doesn't it? :shock:

3. petchy

petchy Well-Known Member

mmmm, crusty nipples.... loooovely...... just one of the joys of pregnancy i suppose!

glad it's not just me though!! :D

4. Layla

Layla Well-Known Member

hi,

yes i think it is that, i had it on my other 2 and i have got it again this time round

5. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Been happening to me since I was 21, hun...before I even had a whiff of marriage or a steady boyfriend or motherhood in any shape or form...it's milk all right...and my doc at the time really shocked me by telling me I was lactating...ewwww.

*L*

Sue