got my scan tomorrow - tuesday

hayley

Reaction score
hi

I've got my scan tomorrow afternoon..

i've been on here so many times and said to other "don't worry everything will be okay" now it's my turn and i'm the one worrying!

I think it's only natural to worry... i've gone over every bad senario - i know thats stupid but i can't stop my mind working over time!

Hopefully i'll be back on here tomorrow evening with a smile spread across my face!

x

Hi Hayley

Good luck for tomorrow. You'll be fine and will probably just want to cry for being so happy - I did!!!

Tan x

Good luck for tomorrow, it's natural to worry but once you see your little bambino on the screen you'll be taken over with emotion I bet.

Can't wait to see the pic!!

"don't worry everything will be okay" :wink: :wink: See how easy that is I know it's always easier said then done and for every bad scenerio there is 100 good ones!! Try to relax and enjoy the scan. :D :D

xoxo Ree

good luck hayley hun hope all goes well make sure you get a pic :D
are you gonna find out the sex? xxxx

Good luck Hayley, Im sure everything will be normal. Enjoy it as it is the last free one on the NHS!!

Cant wait to see your scan picture

good luck hun i am sure it will be fine and ull just spend the whole time crying

hope it goes well hayley :) enjoy the scan - i miss exciting things like that about being pregnant.

are you finding out the sex? x

Everything will be fine, I'm sure. Just look at your fab bump!!!

Good luck, take lots of tissues, and I can't wait to see the pictures!!

All will be fine Hayley.. you and OH will be so happy you will forget all your nerves and worries... xxx

I'm back... didn't all go as planned but i can say my baby is fine... all normal... 10 toes, 8 fingers, 2 thumbs, a nose, 2 eyes - all perfect!!!! All bones etc where checked and my baby is growing and comning along just fine!!!!

The day however didn't go as planned.... we arrived at the hospital 2.10 - our appointment was for 2.20.... checked in and was told to go to waiting room 3.... as you'll all know your bladder is full and your dying to empty it!!! but i resisted to ensure they could get a good look at little chick.... after 50 mins waiting and bursting i went to find out how much longer i'd have to wait... I was then told i was in the wrong waiting room and had actually missed my appointment!!!! I was in waiting room 3 as informed.... I was then taking to another room where i was told i would have to go to the back of the queue... anyway i finally got seen at 5.15... 3 hours later!!!! my bladder had been empied and filled 3 times! my back/kidneys where in agony... DH had to leave me to go back to work! luckily mum was with me.... I hd my scan and was then sent away... no chat to the MD or doctor about any concerns i might have! i wasn't weighted or anything!!!! so i'm now unclear of my next step.. if anyone knows what happens now please can they explain to me.... DH is going to call the hospital in the morning and complain!!!! My back is killing me..... but at least our baby is okay!!!!

I never asked the sex - don't think they would have told me anyway!!! they rushed me through so quickly....

To make the day worse.. i dropped my mum off and popped in quickly to use the loo (for the 15th time) I asked dad to take a quick look at the pictures as i was in a rush to get back home... DH was waiting to see the scan pictures (also very tired and knew the drive from mums to mine was going to take over 30 mins) dad went into a mood because i rushed him... and ended up not talking to me... mum later text me telling me i'm turning into a nark... I am not in any way a nark! as you know the hormones kicked in and i ended up in tears... Have you ever felt like you can't win.... if i try to explain i'm not a narky arse i end up sounding like one.... also the little insult to my personality hurt!!!!

Sorry for going on... i'm happy really!!! just that our special day was a little ruined.. and DH never got to see our baby....

But non of this matters - chick is okay!
x

Awww ...

Sorry your day didn't go as planned hunni, ... But im so glad your bean ok, you must be really pleased!!

As you all keep telling me, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks hun ... let them get on with it!!

Really pleased and happy for you :) ... Post your pics!!! lol

Love Imi+Bean
xxx

sorry you had such a crappy day hun glad all well with bean xxxx

Aww Hayley, what a day!!!

I'd have gone nuts if they made me wait that long. They should have just slotted you in the next appointment and made the others wait the extra few minutes each. No wonder DH is going to compain. :twisted:

At least you got to see your little chick, and everything is okay. Where's the picture????

Aaagggh Hayley.. I would have been screaming blue murder at the dimwit who told you wrong waiting room etc.. what a nightmare wait.. and of course it does not help stress levels or kidneys!!

But yes.. all insignificant in scheme of things cos Chick is ok... So happy for you.. must have been such a relief after such a nightmare afternoon!!

Don't worry about your squabbles with parents etc.. you are not a nark.. you had a stressful day, your OH was not able to be there with you all the time so understandably you were a little anxious and probably tired.. don't be offended :wink: my mum has an amazing knack of pissing me off all the time.. I just ignore her when I sense it coming!!

Anyway.. so glad Chick is fine.. you can always find out the sex at your next scan and make sure OH sees LO then :wink: :wink:

Hi Hayley

Sorry you had such a crap day :(

What you was saying about being weighed or seeing a M/W.... they dont do that at my hospital either, I only see one person that scans me and thats it. All they weighing or questions are dealt with at my doctors when i see my m/w.

Also they will not tell you the sex if you dont ask, incase you dont want to know.... is this your 20wk scan, if so is it your last scan like me????

Hope this info helps...... if you dont have another scan, maybe you can think of having the 4d done... they will tell you the sex there.

Love Keely xxxxxxxxxx

How frustrating Hayley, sounds like a load of incompetants at that hospital, hope your DH got somewhere with his complaining today. Glad all is well though, the piccies you posted are really clear, means you can breathe a sigh of relief with another hurdle out of the way. Did you want to find out the sex of the baby, or where you not that bothered?

In the meantime, don't be worrying about upsetting the folks, sure everyone was just feeling really stressed out, and all will be forgiven!!

Poor you, what an awful time you've had and it could have been avoided if somebody did their job properly.

Defo get your DH to complain.

Sorry that it was made worse by your folks getting short with you. They'll apologise tomorrow I'm sure once they've reflected on things and the day you've had.

Lovely scan pics though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back