Got my scab date :-) will I e able to tell sex at 14,5weeks ?

Aries29

Reaction score
My very very first Scan date is 10 June ( dating scan) . I'll be 14 weeks and 5 days and wondering if it's possible to tell the sex this early. We would like the surprise but I'm curious if they could tell between boy n girl ? 😀

I've been reading up on scans today, and some sites say that they could try and make a professional guess ... but it's not 100% garenteed..
Hope everything goes well at your scan :) xx

Last edited:
Even if they can see the sex they are not supposed to say. You could get a private gender scan if you don't want yo wait till 20 weeks.

I had a scan at 15 weeks and it was very obvious he was a boy! But it wasn't nhs, was a private company. It wasn't supposed to be a gender scan but they asked if we wanted to know - my husband had already spotted the boy bits anyway - but the equipment was much better than hospital so it was hard to miss! Good luck xx

I had a private scan at 16 weeks and then asked at nhs scan at 20 weeks both said girl. 10th June is my due date. 14 weeks may be a little early. Even though I knew at 16 weeks I didn't buy till 20 as just to check they said the same.

My friend found out at her second dating scan at 15w, I mentioned it to the sonnographer who says it's usually only if it's a boy that you can tell early on (earlier than 16w).

I had a 16w scan which says boy and confirmed boy on 20w today.

xxxx

There is a private scanning place near me that will do gender scans from 14 weeks. But as above the equipment is better, and they offer as many re scans (for free) as you need until they're 100%.
Nhs sonographers shouldn't and probably won't tell you that early even if they do see something as its against their policy xx

thanks ladies for the responses, we are remaining team yellow for the pregnancy - if we can both hold out that long without knowing.
It's my 1st scan so it's a late dating scan really but I'll be having another one around 20+ weeks too . It's gone really quick so far :)

I'm leaning toward a boy but that's based on old wives tales, so still scientifically only 50:50 chance of either gender

The nub method should work really well at 14 weeks. If you ask for lots of pics, it should pick up the nub in at least one of them and then you should be able to work it out yourself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back