Got my results......

starstruck2011

Reaction score
Got my downs syn results....1:1400.
Apparently this is low risk? It seems a small number compared to the numbers ive seen.
Im a bit worried
Everything else is fine though!!!

Mine was around that too hon. With my dd 9 years ago it was 1 in several million. I was worried but the midwife assured me it's low risk!

mine is 1:1500ish, and low risk so don't be worried hun. At ur 20wk scan they re check the nuchal fold and check the face aswell, mine lil boy is all fine and doing well. xx

I was 1:2750 which worried me but apparently all is fine! No point worrying hun, it won't help! Apparently high risk is anything below 1:500 which, if you think logically, a 1:100 risk would be a 1% risk so yours is minuscule :) x x

My results recently came back too, and they said 1:20000 risk, which is low I know, but I've not seen anyone with such a high number before? Its making me worry that they may have made a mistake or something?

My results recently came back too, and they said 1:20000 risk, which is low I know, but I've not seen anyone with such a high number before? Its making me worry that they may have made a mistake or something?

Heya!! Well our result was 1:50000 which made me doubt the result was correct too.... phone up to confirm and they said it definately was not a typo x

Hey KK, thats great news! you must be thrilled! I feel much more reassured now that I know Im not alone, and also that the risk is so low - thanks :)

Hey KK, thats great news! you must be thrilled! I feel much more reassured now that I know Im not alone, and also that the risk is so low - thanks :)

Yes it is reasuring to know somebody else is in a simular position! x

mine was really high as well like 1:86086 which made me wonder when i was hearing about other ladies having much lower counts and thought it might have been a typo so i feel much better knowing i'm not the only one xx

Got mine this morning and it was 1 in 100000, I'm relieved that other people have had similar numbers xx

Yes, definately, it doesn't seem so far fetched now! x

Mine was 1:36000 seems odd how they can be so precise doesn't it! i thought i'd get 'high' or 'low' risk not a number :) !

In southwest Scotland you get a letter saying all is well or high risk, mine was lovely and just said 'low risk this is very reassuring' you don't get told numbers so just go with the fact they said it's low risk!

To be honest, I don't really see the point in the numbers do I can see why they don't tell you, K80.
It seems like anything better than 1:1000 is low risk, but also, 1:50000 would be low risk too! Once you get to those sorts of numbers, the risk is so tiny, they all mean the same! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back