Got my BFP but im sooo sick already...

yollybobble

Reaction score
Hi ladies,
I got a positive a few days ago I'm not even due on until today, but the nausea is so bad already. I had sickness with my 3 girls but this is just awful. I am trying to hide it as I'm not even 4 weeks pregnant yet and haven't even told my partner yet as I wanted to get it all confirmed 100% first.

Any tips on coping? xx

I feel your pain I started suffering around 5 weeks and agree it makes it hard to hide from other people when you feel so rough. I'm eating as soon as I get up which I think helps and an also wearing sea bands as these helped loads with my last pregnancy although not so much with this one. Good luck with it all x

Thanks, Im not eating at all, lost about 6lbs in just a few days. I am drinking water and trying to drink sugary drinks to give me a little energy.

Hope yours easies off soon x

Also Im the same person not sure why it signed me in as above as that account was from 2005 and didn't even know I had it lol x

Do multiples run in your family? Apparently morning sickness starts sooner and is worse with twins or more :)

Mines only kicked in badly in the last week. This time round I'm not working, but still finding it difficult with all the school stuff going on and a 4 year old at home that keeps asking what's wrong with me.

I'm losing weight too, I've been cutting up fruit and just snacking on that through the day as I can't face food smells.

Haha don't say that, I only want one lmao.

Im trying to eat dry food but due to having a dental abcess its not easy at the minute.

Hopefully my body will adjust and get this sickness out the way xx

From word go right through to 14 weeks I was sick - I had hyperemis so was being sick 6-8 times a day, and ended up losing around 3 stone as I didn't let one piece of food past my lips! Keeping hydrated is some important, although even though doing my best I was still badly dehydrated. I ended up bed bound as I was so weak from lack of food!

Get to your GP asap and get some help. They scanned me at 6 weeks to check for twins or a molar pregnancy as severe sickness can be a sign of both, but I had neither! It's just the way some pregnancies are :-(. The sooner you start anti sickness medication, the more effective it will be.

Also you really need the support of your other half! I don't think you need to wait until it's 'confirmed'. Particularly as you already have kids, you really need all the help you can get. Please don't suffer in silence!

Just to say, I'm 24 weeks now and we are both healthy and doing fine! The sickness didn't effect my little girl at all and I'm actually still smaller now than when I got pregnant in the first place - mini win lol :)

I feel soooo sorry for you. I've only had mild nausea and even that has been awful. So for those who suffer badly, my heart goes out to you xxx.

Thanks Ladies, I have confirmed now with a digi and partner knows.

Will call my gp tomorrow and start the process with a midwife

Thanks xx

peppermint tea helped me, just taking a few sips at a time...x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90