Got midwife tomorrow

Belle23

Reaction score
And I'm bricking it, so scared she will shout at me for my huge weight and that they won't find a hb and well pretty much everything. Because I haven't felt much and I'm 16 weeks xxx

It depends on your midwife - mine hasn't weighed me since I had my booking in appointment!! 16 weeks is still quite early for feeling baby - I wasn't even asked about movement at my 16 week appointment, just urine test, BP, heart beat and fundus height.

Hi belle

Try not to worry, my 16 week check was really quick, checked urine, blood pressure - no weight checks or anything and no discussions on movement. My midwife didn't attempt to listen for heartbeat as her view is that it is difficult to find, even for a midwife, which causes more unecessary worry if it can't be found. Although I have read on here that some girls did get heartbeat monitored at 16 weeks, depends on the midwife.

You'll be fine... Good luck xx

At mine they did blood pressure and heard baby's heartbeat. I asked her to weigh me but she refused saying that they don't do it anymore! I know everywhere is different though. Just try not to worry, thry're not there to judge only to help and offer advice xxx

I have only ever been weighed at booking in, and never again, even my last pregnacy only got weighed the once!

It can be hard to find HB at 16 weeks. I've heard my LOs twice in the last week and oboth times was really hard to find it. LO is tucked right inside and hiding lol

Once you hear that HB though you will feel so much better hun, xxxx

i must say at my midwife appointment at 16 weeks it was very quick, no weight check. Just a urine, blood pressure check and a few questions. She did ask about movements and did check for a heartbeat which she found very easily as this is the time it can be found. However she did reassure me and say it could take a while.

Hope it all goes well for you and try to relax its only now that im starting to relax a little more and thats because im getting more frequent movement feelings and bump is getting better.

(f you have any concerns defo ask the midwife as they are pretty good at what they do xx

Dont worry hun, it'll be fine!

At my 16 week appointment they checked urine, blood pressure, asked how I was feeling, then listened for Bubs HB. They did say that sometimes it's a little early to hear it, and I know of some girls that didin't even get the option of trying to find it as their midwives dont try so early - so you've got absolutely nothing to worry about.

As for weight, I got weighed at my booking appointment and my 12 week scan, and not since!

Good luck x

Crackers (21+5)

When pg last, I got weighed at booking in and then not at all after that. And I'm on the bigger side, was about 14st then and I'm about 5'8". I thought they would be concerned but mw never mentioned it. They found baby's hb at 16 week appointment too. I didn't start feeling movements until I was 22 weeks. Is different for everyone hun x x

fundus height is what they call where the top of your uterus is - I think!!

Well midwife check went well. Took a few minutes to find heartbeat but found it in the end. All went nicely xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back