Got doc's appointment this morning! *EDIT: been to docs*

MissGobby

Reaction score
phoned docs this morning just want them to confirm really and would like to go for a scan as i have no clue how far along i am.

also, i did a sainsburys own and tescos own pregnany tests and both came up positive but i did two poundland cheapies and they both came up negative!

what do you think?? :think:

the poundland ones arnt very good hun, i think u know your pg really lol, hope all goes well at the docs keep us informed :hug:

When was the start date of your last period? Your GP should be able to work out from there more or less how far along you are.

Re your GP confirming your PG, many don't worry about doing tests as they use the same ones you buy over the counter so often take your word for it. Of course, some do test again, but just be warned they may not.

I'd stop doing cheap tests as they really are not much good. If you really want to confirm it, go buy one Clearblue or some such that gives decent results for £8 rather than lots of cheap ones with dodgy results :)

I agree with Sherlock, and say invest in a clearblue digi to put your mind at rest once and for all. The bfp I got with an ebay cheapy was so faint I didn't trust it at all so I bought a clearblue.
The cheapies didn't show a strong positiv until about a week after my bfp.

I think it's unlikely a doctor will do another test, they normally just assume if you've got a positive you're pregnant.

Have you told both sets of parents yet? What was their reaction?

Good luck at the docs :D

Leanne.. Listen to me.. you ARE pregnant. Let us know what happen's at the doctor's anyway.

I've got an appointment with my midwife today, she said we should be able to listen to the baby's heartbeat so I'm excited about that. I can't believe I am 12 week's today, thought this day would never come.

If you hadpositive tests then you are pregnant you cant get false positives!! But if you need it confirmed for your own peace of mine Id get a clearblue digital that actually says pregnant. Stop worrying hun evemn though I am exactly the same!! Good luck at the docs.
Jodie lou hope your midwife goes well. Your going to hear the heartbeat!! Thats so exciting!!!!
xxx

Good luck, it does sound like you are pregnant!

i think you are pregnanct but to put your mind at ease id do a cleablue digi (iv already done 2 :oops: ) lol

how did you get on at the doctors? im trying to make one for next week so by that time i would have missed an AF

:hug:

Good luck at the doctors MissG. I think you can safely assume you're pregnant now ;) :cheer:

lillou said:
i think you are pregnanct but to put your mind at ease id do a cleablue digi (iv already done 2 :oops: ) lol

how did you get on at the doctors? im trying to make one for next week so by that time i would have missed an AF

:hug:

I did 2 clearblue digi's as well :lol: :lol:
i also used poundland cheapie's which didn't give me a positive test until around 5 weeks.

But i don't think there's a mistake though chick, let us know how you get on at GP's :hug:

hey girls im back!!!!

doctor was really nice, she said she thinks i am around 5-6 weeks pregnant! midwife is going to be phoning me soon to make an appointment to see her and i have got my scan on the 18th February to find out exactly how far along i am and everything!!

i think i am still in shock it doesnt seem real!!!

no the hard part though - telling our parents - i seriously darnt!!!! :lol:

oh hun, they will be thrilled - it might take time to come round but itl be fine!!

and u have a 5week old bean inside u, woo woo!!! :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Time to get yourself a new ticker I think!!!!!

Hope you have a happy and healthy 9 mths! Dont get stressed about everything you have a long way to go yet - and the first weeks seem to go very slowly!

So happy for you!!!

YAY :cheer: I'm so happy for you :hug:

Don't worry about telling your parent's, they might surprise you by being really good about it. The first time I got pregnant and told my mum she was abit emotional about it and didn't say much, I think she was getting her head round it. I let my mum tell my dad and we were both (me and mum) worried because we thought he would go mad. I sat in the kitchen with my coat on ready to go out the back door incase he kicked off. I was so nervous sitting there, then the door opened and my heart was pounding and he came in grinning and laughing and saying thing's like I'm gona buy the baby this and that etc. Me and my mum were looking at each other gob smacked.

OH's parent's were both really happy too which was even bigger shock because his parents are quite strict and he is 2 years younger than me too.

Congratulations!! We are about the same then! Just remember to take it easy, It is scary telling parents but you will be ok, good luck xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back